2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the mainstream and larger indie bands are releasing new material this year, wouldn't be a suprise for world tours at 2012, hopefully with stops at Glastonbury. Those who easily could headline:

The Killers

Queens of the Stone ages

Kid Cudi

The Strokes

MGMT

Bloc Party

Muse

Wolfmother (?)

Daft Punk (2012-2013)

Linkin Park

Green Day

etc etc

I've never though of Linkin Park playing Glastonbury! Would be good but they aren't really a sort of band to headline Pyramid yet, are they too big to play an Other stage headline slot? Sunday Other headline would be the only place I could really see them playing. Lets see what the next album brings us.

I've never though of Linkin Park playing Glastonbury! Would be good but they aren't really a sort of band to headline Pyramid yet, are they too big to play an Other stage headline slot? Sunday Other headline would be the only place I could really see them playing. Lets see what the next album brings us.

Pearl Jam is not that heavy, personally I like their ballads best :) Just the ticketmaster incident.. Gotta love those guys, but I don't think they'll play Glasto, even though I think few bands would kill it as they would've.

If I were to guess three now it would be Pulp, The Rolling Stones and Lady Gaga...

Pulp:

Pros - Absolutely nailed it on the Park. Jarvis giving hints about doing a 5th. My guess is Emily will have a big say in this

Minuses - Can't see them doing new material. Will they still be back together in 2013? Maybe it's already the plan to do it as a farewell gig?!

The Rolling Stones:

Pros - With a succession of HUGE acts doing it (U2 being the most recent example) recently it feels more likely they'll say yes.

Minuses - They'll only do it if they fancy it, that year. I think they came close this time and it didn't happen. ME once said they were the one band he didn't think would ever play...

Lady Gaga:

Pros - Would give the line-up a bit of diversity. My guess is she'll still be huge in 2013.

Minuses - Can't really think of any; maybe too many costume changes...

Other names I think will be in the mix:

Green Day - Feels really unlikely, but I think they'd do a wonderful job

Foo Fighters - I think they'd be wlikeful. I'd guess they'd likee to do it. I think it's more likely after QOTSA doing such a good job

Arcade Fire - I think they're less likely; made it well known they didn't enjoy it in 2007. Maybe the sunshine of the last couple of years will persuade them otherwise.

Eminem - Still seems a little unlikely to me but if he gets his stuff together I think it would be great (and make Jay Z look like less of a one off)

Radiohead - Mixed feelings on this one. I suspect that they're much happier doing sets like the one they did at the park rather than the idea of doing a crowd-pleasing headline slot. A 3rd straight fest (even with the gap) might be a bit much too

The Smiths/ Stone Roses/ Led Zep etc. - Never seem in any way likely; if any of themthet back together it would be for teh cash; they've had lots of opportunities to do it for Glasto

Midway up JPT, low to mid other. Definitely not headline. Maybe low pyramid.

Adding to my Fleetwood Mac wish/prediction:

Fleetwood Mac

Mumford And Sons

Santana

Bob Dylan

Noah And The Whale

Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Ben Howard

I dislike quite a few on that list, but thought i'd make it reasonably realistic.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime