2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the landfill revival is go!

personally i could live to be 1000 and never need to hear that stuff again, but given the ever decreasing amount of time that passes before a scene is revived by imagination free 'ironic' hipsters, surely by this time next year we'll all have removed our beards and be dancing around to that song by The View with *knowing* looks upon our visages? it'll be like 2007 all over again.

Edited by LondonTom

A trailer for the new Muse album was released yesterday and arena tour announced today, probably stadiums/festivals in 2013. Lots of divided opinions! Could easily see them being booked again for next year (despite them only last playing in 2010), especially if there is a lack of new material from Arcade Fire, Pulp etc. in the next 12 months. Though I'd prefer to see the latter two headline, I suppose it'd be interesting to see some 'dubstep' headlining Glasto. Thoughts?

A trailer for the new Muse album was released yesterday and arena tour announced today, probably stadiums/festivals in 2013. Lots of divided opinions! Could easily see them being booked again for next year (despite them only last playing in 2010), especially if there is a lack of new material from Arcade Fire, Pulp etc. in the next 12 months. Though I'd prefer to see the latter two headline, I suppose it'd be interesting to see some 'dubstep' headlining Glasto. Thoughts?

[media=]

Can't see Muse headlining again - I'm sure Michael will be able to/has found 3 acts that aren't Muse for next year. Plus, if that trailer is an indication of the sound of their new album, I can't see myself being a fan.

Edited by Ovechkin

Bit of a Stone Roses update...

Tonight in Amsterdam Reni has walked off stage, refusing to encore. Apparently quite a poor performance from Ian, though some rumours of them splitting again etc. have to be over-exaggerated. The tour started so well too! I hope it doesn't go off the rails, 1. for those who have bought tickets for Heaton Park or wherever else, and 2. especially if already booked for next year...

non-story this I reckon. Twitter stirring it up. I stand by my original prediction, they'll play this summer but that'll be it. No Glastonbury next year. Heaton Park will happen, too much money involved for it not to.

Stevie Nicks has said to reporters that Fleetwood Mac begin tour rehearsals in January. World tour after that.

I'm taking my Dad next year and would absolutely love them to play! It would be a dream come true to see our favourite band at such an event.