2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I would strongly disagree with your belief that the likes of oasis or lady gaga will ever be remembered as legendary. I think a modicom of lyrical ability and originality are required to attain legendary status!

We are unlucky enough to be around in the worst musical period for decades. We cant polish the turds that are currently making music and pretend that in 30 years someone like noel gallagher will in fact be considered as genius as leonard cohen for example!

Embrace the mediocrity.

I seem to remember there being quite a bit of commentary at the end of the 80s about what a shit decade it had been for music.

To some extent they had a point but not from where I was standing. It's probably an age thing but I was between 13 and 23 during the 80s so it was I suppose 'my decade' musically.

Having said all that, there was some truly shocking stuff. Particularly anything that cropped up on The Hitman and Her.

And now its back. Have you seen that SAW Festival that's on this year? Sweet Baby Jebus save us!

Yeah, couldn't give two shits if they played. Tyler is a disgrace. Lost all cred for that stunt. Recent shows have been fairly shambolic too by all accounts.

Sure they could go whack out a reasonable greatest hits sing along set interspersed with some crap from their new album, but fairly sure they would just post it in and it would be a pile of shite.

No where near headlining material in my book

Edited by Ed209

thinking about it. noel subbing the roses one day looks inevitable. sounds like it worked very well at T and listening to noel now at T who was good you can see why.

i don't think he'll take other stage headline, that'll put him below technically where he can been playing this year and by then new songs will probably be known. willing to almost call the vaccines below him too.

i did think plan b below the roses but change of mind, but i do think plan b will sub one day, could easily sub to GaGa to be honest.

thinking about it. noel subbing the roses one day looks inevitable. sounds like it worked very well at T and listening to noel now at T who was good you can see why.

i don't think he'll take other stage headline, that'll put him below technically where he can been playing this year and by then new songs will probably be known. willing to almost call the vaccines below him too.

i did think plan b below the roses but change of mind, but i do think plan b will sub one day, could easily sub to GaGa to be honest.

it'd be most un-Glasto-like to have two bands/artists at the top of the bill with the same kind of audience. they normally mix it up a bit.

by the way, when is Noel's album with Amorphous Androgynous due out? i thought it'd have surfaced by now. if it's as experimental as he was hinting then maybe a late night secret gig in Shangri La would be more likely!