2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it'd be most un-Glasto-like to have two bands/artists at the top of the bill with the same kind of audience. they normally mix it up a bit.

by the way, when is Noel's album with Amorphous Androgynous due out? i thought it'd have surfaced by now. if it's as experimental as he was hinting then maybe a late night secret gig in Shangri La would be more likely!

See your reasons there are why I originally said Plan B to support them but then I can't see Noel not playing and finding another spot for him? He's not going to sub GaGa and defo not Radiohead so the other choice is The Stones (should they play) and that just seems strange.

It's very T like to have a different style sub but Noel under The Stones, Flo under Patrol, not as much same I guess but only major difference was Kasabian and Elbow.

Biffy Clyro! Glasto like to bring bands through. Played a couple of times mid afternoon slots, headlined the JPT and last year they were high up on the pyramid. Other stage next year? hopefuly they will have a new album out before the next glastonbury and if it's as well received as the last then i can't see any reason why not.

Not convinced Noel will play next year, I think he will have finished touring this album by then and he likes a long break between albums. Doesnt look like this 2nd experimental album he was planning on releasing next year is gonna happen now, so I'd say Noel at Glastonbury is more likely for 2014

Biffy Clyro! Glasto like to bring bands through. Played a couple of times mid afternoon slots, headlined the JPT and last year they were high up on the pyramid. Other stage next year? hopefuly they will have a new album out before the next glastonbury and if it's as well received as the last then i can't see any reason why not.

Michael Eavis tried desperately to get Oasis to headline in 2009 instead of playing V (which proved to be their final gig), he says this himself and speculated they would have still been together now they had picked Glasto over V (nonsense, it wasnt V that caused the split). So that should answer any question over whether their poor 2004 set would go against Eavis wanting Noel or/and Liam back again.

Michael Eavis tried desperately to get Oasis to headline in 2009 instead of playing V (which proved to be their final gig), he says this himself and speculated they would have still been together now they had picked Glasto over V (nonsense, it wasnt V that caused the split). So that should answer any question over whether their poor 2004 set would go against Eavis wanting Noel or/and Liam back again.