2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

to all the above. my reason is that they'll take no less than headline now I wouldn't imagine and they didn't like it at all apparantly last time. Not exactly one of those, wow glasto we've gotta come back bands and for the money they'll get, they won't bother and just play where the pay day will be IMO.

Radiohead, The Roses, The Stones, Lady GaGa - 3 of those I expect will do a lot more more glasto than AF will

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm not a big fan of Arcade Fire, I think they'd be perfect headlining the Pyramid. They've worked really hard to get to where they are, and like it has been mentioned, they do a lot of great things for charity. They headlined Reading and I heard it was a brilliant set. So with another album which will probably be as acclaimed at their last, it just seems logical that they should headline imo.

*EDIT* Also, just to say, Arcade Fire is one awesome band name :P

Edited by Andre91

Although I'm not a big fan of Arcade Fire, I think they'd be perfect headlining the Pyramid. They've worked really hard to get to where they are, and like it has been mentioned, they do a lot of great things for charity. They headlined Reading and I heard it was a brilliant set. So with another album which will probably be as acclaimed at their last, it just seems logical that they should headline imo.

*EDIT* Also, just to say, Arcade Fire is one awesome band name :P

Playing somewhere they made a point of not liking though would be. Doing that at somewhere that excites them would be a different issue. I still feel much more is around for glasto and AF would be better at IOW.

Could AF play the Other Stage? The Prodigy did in 2009 while heading IOW

Granted, but my own personal prediction is they will play Glasto and T, Glasto for the acclaim and T for the 'money', similar to what Muse and Coldplay done recently. AF will not play the Other in 2011 there was talk of that as AF were posted as a rumour on here, as they have headlined Reading and sold out Hyde Park since, I can only see them headlining

Hmm I guess so. I will say AF for T would be different from he same old repeat stuff but providing they do, does Biffy Clyo, Arcade Fire and The Killers/Muse sound good? To me personally, with Biffy making the step up, it needs something a little stronger and 3 out of Biffy, The Killers, Muse and GaGa IMO would do that.

As rexclark just said, the only way I could see AF not headlining is subbing The Rolling Stones. I can't think of anybody else big enough for them to sub.

They'd put on a brilliant show as headliners though I think, was disappointed they didn't stop off at Glasto in 2011!

To be fair, Gilmour probably knew what Eavis and most other people didn't, that rick might not have long left. Wasn't public knowledge at that stage as far as I can recall.

Eavis is still an idiot for not doing it. Fuck KoL