2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Snow Patrol a dirge and The Roses passed me by unfortunately.

Noel, on the other hand, I have to admit to being a little bit gay for. A wonderful voice with a knack for writing catchy earworms of melodies and football chants for choruses. He does Paul Weller's act better than Paul Weller does these days ;)

Pyramid Friday

Reformed Northerners

hyped up 'urban' shit from London

Sat

Big American Rock Band

hyped up hipster shit from London

Sun

Pop Act*

hyped up acousticy folky shit from London

Other Friday

Landfill band from five years ago

hyped up shit from Brooklyn

Sat

Big American Alternative Band

wistful/boring Next Big Thing

Sun

90s dance act

band inspired by 90s dance acts

dunno about you lot, but that line up looks tip top to me.

*will get biggest crowd of the weekend by far.

Pyramid Friday

Reformed Northerners

hyped up 'urban' shit from London

Sat

Big American Rock Band

hyped up hipster shit from London

Sun

Pop Act*

hyped up acousticy folky shit from London

Other Friday

Landfill band from five years ago

hyped up shit from Brooklyn

Sat

Big American Alternative Band

wistful/boring Next Big Thing

Sun

90s dance act

band inspired by 90s dance acts

dunno about you lot, but that line up looks tip top to me.

*will get biggest crowd of the weekend by far.

I didn't think last time was the most spectacular of successes.

at the time all the Bruce fan-boys refused to accept it as anything less than stunning.

A few years down the line and some of them are finally admitting that it was dull dull dull - which is exactly what some of us more-than-noticed at the time. :lol:

Which only gets to prove that there's no point listening to fan boys for an objective view of anything.

His festival shows seem to have gone well recently though.

yep, so the fan-boys say ... at which point you should start re-reading this post from the top. :lol:

Forget 'The Boss', let's get Macca back for a Frog Chorus set. It would be less bland and more tuneful. :P

as opposed to your judgement of his whole set based on a few minutes of it

my judgement was made on much more than that. :rolleyes:

Such as the opinions of many others I met at the time who stayed for the whole set and found it unbelievably dull (a fact that people like you refused to accept as possible :lol:).

the truth is that most fans thought it was an under par set, and admitted it at the time.

complete and utter bollocks, as the posts made on this forum at time got to prove. :lol:

indeed.. it took you about 5 minutes...

it didn't even take me that long. What's your excuse for not having yet noticed after 40+ years? :P

the comment referring Neil was sarcasm. I knew he would hate him from the moment it was announced he would be playing

and that's complete bull too. There's no end of lies that Bruce boys will say in defence of their hero. :rolleyes:

I was actually pleased for him to be announced. I quite fancied seeing him, hoping that his live shows would be on a better level than his recordings; for me, that was the explanation for his god-like status (cos it's defo not his bland recordings).

I even went to the trouble and expense of buying his (then) latest album so that i'd be more familiar with his stuff .... which was were it all went so horribly horribly 'wrong' with my opinions of Bruce. The album was the biggest pile of shite I've bought in long over 10 years.

After hearing that album I found it impossible to ever take him seriously again. That's how bad it was.

Give me Oasis again, or screaming Flo. There's no way on earth I'd go near Bruce again.

that's a neat trick... you left after 5 minutes on the basis of other people's opinions that you discovered when the set had ended. Let me know how that works

I left after 5 minutes on the basis that it was panning out as I'd feared.

Nothing of that influences all those people I met who found it similarly dreadfully dull - you know, the people that people like you (and specifically you!!) were saying just didn't exist because it was a stunning set that no one could hate. :lol:

And now, it's accepted that there were huge numbers who found him that dull. Even the likes of you will now admit that he was dull.

I said to you, from the moment you knew he was on, that I didn't think you'd like him. Not bull at all

Then all that goes to show is that your preconceptions over-ride the facts, in all directions.