GLASVEGAS bottled off !

Guest Wolf 359

Wow - uneventful it wasn't. Glasvegas left the big tent after only 3 1/2 songs when bottles rained on the band from the Chase & Status fan club (actually that is being a bit unfair because they were probably just p*ss*d d*ckh**ds looking for trouble). This is the fourth time I've seen a band leave the stage early- Simple Minds (bottles,London), The Cure(chairs & seats,Dunstable) and The Exploited (Aylesbury-when the band jumped into the crowd to join in the fighting !). Strangely enough three of the four are Scottish !!!! I wonder what will happen at Weston - will they play? Will the crowd be as rowdy? Let me know.

Edited by Wolf 359

Did seem to be some strange scheduling at v this year

Why put Glasvegas on a stage between acts like Katy B and Chase and Status? Think they would have been better on the undercover stage which was broadly more indie style bands rather than more pop acts on the Arena stage

Similarly on the undercover stage at Weston they had Morcheeba, Gomez and then Goldie Looking Chain - who I'd imagine would attract a different type of crowd

I was in the Arena for the Glasvegas set and agree the scheduling was really bad, I'm not surprised it happened - reminiscent of Doves last year.

I can't understand the mentality of some people though, why do it, if you don't like them go somewhere else....That said for a band who sell themselves on being brought up on tough Scottish streets to strop off because of a few bottles is w*nk.

They walked off and no-one cared - I'll be surprised if they're still around this time next year.

Primal Scream were the mutt's nuts BTW.

I was in the Arena for the Glasvegas set and agree the scheduling was really bad, I'm not surprised it happened - reminiscent of Doves last year.

I can't understand the mentality of some people though, why do it, if you don't like them go somewhere else....That said for a band who sell themselves on being brought up on tough Scottish streets to strop off because of a few bottles is w*nk.

They walked off and no-one cared - I'll be surprised if they're still around this time next year.

Primal Scream were the mutt's nuts BTW.

After going to V for the past 12 years....this year is most definately my last, whole atmosphere has changed. Too many drunk teenagers. I was disgusted too see when waiting for Chase and Status a young lad with his hood up and face covered like he was some sort of gangster/ rioter. Spoilt by the younger generation!