New Albums Coming in 2012

Guest baudrons

I've had a wee look online and the following bands are likely to be releasing new albums next year. MGMT, Mumford and Sons, Queens of the Stoneage and a brand new album from Garbage, they might be good shouts after Jim King stating he wants to beef up the undercard. Any opinions?

mumford would be incredible but i doubt it would happen

Would love to see Garbage play next year but could see TITP snapping them up.

The obvious one I'd go for would be Justice, just released a new album and will be on the festival circuit next year. I would be pretty surprised if they've not at least been approached. I'm really enjoying the new album, it's different from Cross but it's definately a grower. Horsepower is a cracking tune and the Soul Machine remix of it is fantastic.

Edited by rexclark

Mumford would definitely sell tickets for RockNess.. so wouldn't surprise me. MGMT have been off the radar for a bit now, never realised they were making a return, but another appropriate booking for the festival which I am sure would go down well. Particularly if they have new material!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't take this wrong way but IMHO Mumford and Sons are absolutely dreadful. What's happened to Rockness that this sort of shite is getting suggested?

• 1 month later...

They released an album this year but Radiohead are touring next year they could be in for a shout? Jim has expressed interest in getting them up at some point. Queens Of The Stone Age would be a brilliant one imo but would they fit in at Rockness? And stearing away from headline suggestions, The Black Keys just released a new album.

The black keys would be a nice wee addition..new album is pretty decent..