The announcement.

Guest rockmess

Jeezo this forum annoys me sometime.

Florence would be a fantastic act to bring to Rockness. Although it is looking unlikely. Whoever even suggested that Paolo last year would've been a better addition should hang their head in shame! Each to their own I suppose though...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry maybe should have worded that better.

It bugs me that people always have something to complain about on here. Don't get me wrong - I have in the past too!! Ive been following this forum for years and just sometimes you want people to just look at the pros :)

Anyhow, back to thread topic, an announcement would be great! Someone big / someone unknown / pop artist / dj / band / cheeky girls etc etc. Anything!!

I hope Bestival is too small for her, Rob could get a better headliner than that. Although, if The Cure headlined Bestival, is Florence much bigger than them?

Anyways, I hope she isn't headlining festivals. Especially the big ones.

Florence bigger than The Cure? Are you kidding?

You might be.

The only way to test it would be for both to announce a sizeable tour of the same venues, and see who sells out first. My money would be on Florence, and by quite a way!

The Cure play very few gigs - and it's that fact alone which makes the few that they do do sell very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, A date:

It's the final day of our 12 Days of Christmas competition...and it's time for the biggie. At long last we can reveal why any news about the line up has been hush hush! As the final challenge we want you to tell us which 6 acts you think are headlining RockNess 2012. That's right: we want the 3 acts you think will be playing the main stage and the 3 that will play the Goldenvoice Arena. The first person to correctly guess ALL SIX ACTS will win VIP tickets for them and three friends plus food vouchers, and drink tokens courtesy of our friends at Drambuie. You can make as many guesses as you like and we're giving you plenty of time - the winner will be revealed when we announce our headliners on THURSDAY 26TH JANUARY. Good luck and Merry Christmas from all the team at RockNess!

• 2 weeks later...

Had heard of lineup being something like Biffy Friday, Fat Boy Slim or SHM and Arctic Monkeys closing. With a lineup that included Tinie Tempah, The Vaccines, Friendly Fires, Skrillex (The Cell) and Kutski and Judge Jules representing Radio 1!

Had heard of lineup being something like Biffy Friday, Fat Boy Slim or SHM and Arctic Monkeys closing. With a lineup that included Tinie Tempah, The Vaccines, Friendly Fires, Skrillex (The Cell) and Kutski and Judge Jules representing Radio 1!

If thats the line up then im bringing a guitar and staying in the campsite

Jim's latest

@jimloudsound: Putting finishing touches 4 @RockNessFest announcement. "at last!" I hear u cry. Sorry for wait but we can only go when the bands agree.

I would like to think the bands had been sorted out long ago, or is it a full announcement we're getting?