Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, yeah I'm in solplay buy like U say, it's pricey. It also looks like its in middle of nowhere so I'm debating staying in the city. Just concerned about getting back in the middle of the night!!!! If anyone's been and knows that here are trains/taxis readily available all night it might just swing it for me. Have found a gorgeous hotel in the city that's half the price of the solplay! Just means I have more spends for a fest later in the year.....

If its a chew to get back n forth from city to fest then I'll stay put but it would be cool to save some beans at the same time!

Polythene is an amazing album

later stuff is poor but what do you expect when a band member commits sucide... not going to be as upbeat anymore

doubt they are known in portugal though so 2nd stage would be nice.... would like some more rock! Refused :D and lostprophets :s is not enough atm

As for the Radiohead day I'm assuming there's still a sub left to be announced? (Pulp/Specials/New Order one of them would be nice) but I fear the festival organisers maybe relaying on Radiohead alone to sell out that day, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it their first gig in Portugal in a long time?

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

As for the Radiohead day I'm assuming there's still a sub left to be announced? (Pulp/Specials/New Order one of them would be nice) but I fear the festival organisers maybe relaying on Radiohead alone to sell out that day, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it their first gig in Portugal in a long time?

Edited by roadrunner66

For me The King of Limbs are their worst album, on the other hand, In Rainbows is my favourite album of Radiohead. Most of the setlist are from those 2 albums so I think I'll find some balance for me, though I hope they play more "old" stuff, like Karma Police, Paranoid Android, Creep, Exit Music, Street Spirit, Knives Out, ... with a good setlist they can make a brilliant performance.

For me, a perfect setlist would be something like this:

Bloom

Paranoid Android

Daily Mail

2+2=5

Feral

Morning Mr Magpie

Kid A

Codex

Nude

The Bends

Weird fishes/Arpeggi

Give up Ghost

Just

Reckoner

Lotus Flower

Fake Plastic Trees

Everything in it's Right place

Idiotesque

Encore:

Pyramid Song

House of Cards

Street Spirit (Fade out)

Encore 2:

Karma Police

I would like Creep too, but I highly doubt they'll play it.

No chance of Paranoid Android, The Bends, Just, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit and Karma Police in the same set - I suspect it will be one or two of them (include Airbag in that list too)

Great looking setlist though, I would include There There and National Anthem somewhere though. I also wish they would play Optimistic more often.

That's not far off my dream radiohead setlist with just the right mix of new and old. It looks like so far they've been playing paranoid android and/or karma police plus airbag as the only pre kid a stuff. For a fest they may up that a little but i doubt much - the theme seems to be music which 'fits' well with tkol and nothing before ok computer really does.

If they were to play something off of pablo honey (and they almost certainly wont) i'd love to hear blow out. To be honest though, it's radiohead they can play b-sides to singles from over a decade ago (and they did recently) and they'll still be the highlight of my weekend.

Edited by DJL

I think Noel Gallagher is now a good possibility. From a new interview of the organizer of Optimus Alive:

"I have here an email from Noel Gallagher of Oasis, saying he wants to come."

However, It doesn't necessary mean that he wants to come to Optimus Alive.

Edited by roadrunner66

Strange. Presuming Justice are going to be playing after the Stone Roses, neither Snow Patrol or Lostprophets seem like a suitable sub, hopefully Bloc Party will slot in.

& then Orbital can close the mainstage on either the Sat or Sun. (wishful thinking perhaps :P)

Pulp would just be mega, can't see it myself.

Any guesses for the next announcement presuming it just another 1 artist i'll go for Glasvegas :banghead:

Hoping for a good dance act to close the main stage Sunday, Orbital as mentioned would be mega, Swedish House are in England that weekend for there own gig, not sure who it will be really i'll just pray for Orbital!