Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus peter hook is going through a massive legal dispute with them ... so they probably wont be called new order for long ;p

I can't see him winning that one.

Hooky was quite happy to tour as 'New Order' when he was one of the three original members of four involved.

The current 'New Order' also has three of the original four involved. Spot the difference?

I am booked up for this festival, i bought tickets when it was only Radiohead confirmed so i was over the moon when The Cure and the Stone roses were added.

I would be very suprised if it is not The roses who are headlining the friday night.

I would love it if New order were added, i saw them in london - Hooky this year and they were class.

bloody hope some of the bands announced for primevera barcelona get announcd fro this fest and not the other fest in portugal

considering we r sharing a few bands already i think it looks likely

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE announce Refused ......

Hi,

I've just been looking at this festival and I think this might be the one for this year.

I was wondering about turning it into a holiday, like go somewhere before e.g. Oeiras or Cascais, has anyone been to either of these places and can give some suggestions?

Also, the camping is on a campsite but it sounds as if there is a pool and stuff? I take this is all included in the price? Is it like a proper campsite where your allocated a spot where you stick your tent or is it a free for all and everyones on top of each other?

Hi,

I've just been looking at this festival and I think this might be the one for this year.

I was wondering about turning it into a holiday, like go somewhere before e.g. Oeiras or Cascais, has anyone been to either of these places and can give some suggestions?

Also, the camping is on a campsite but it sounds as if there is a pool and stuff? I take this is all included in the price? Is it like a proper campsite where your allocated a spot where you stick your tent or is it a free for all and everyones on top of each other?

I haven't been before, but Portugal is generally pretty cheap and I went to Super Bock Super Rock (another fest just outside Lisbon) last year and a litre of Super Bock or sangria was five euros.

The fest was four days long last year, but I think they just added an extra day on at the beginning because they managed to book Coldplay.

Not sure about camping, think this info is on the website/earlier in this thread.

I haven't been before, but Portugal is generally pretty cheap and I went to Super Bock Super Rock (another fest just outside Lisbon) last year and a litre of Super Bock or sangria was five euros.

The fest was four days long last year, but I think they just added an extra day on at the beginning because they managed to book Coldplay.

Not sure about camping, think this info is on the website/earlier in this thread.

Albufeira has to be the worst place in the Algarve, a few years ago a vodka/redbull there was 3 euros but prices shot up all of a sudden. I lived in Portugal for 17 years and prices vary depending on where you go. Usually in super markets beer/sangria/wine are extremely cheap compared to the UK, in some cases its 2 euros for a bottle of wine.

i dont think New order will play

have a feeling Incubus will play the sunday ...... dates around the first few weeks of july and they have said they r playing Portugal

Refused announcing more dates in and around july as well so hope they play

also The Horrors seem to be doing everything with Florence and the Machine so i reckon they will play on the sat

Albufeira has to be the worst place in the Algarve, a few years ago a vodka/redbull there was 3 euros but prices shot up all of a sudden. I lived in Portugal for 17 years and prices vary depending on where you go. Usually in super markets beer/sangria/wine are extremely cheap compared to the UK, in some cases its 2 euros for a bottle of wine.

Has anybody been before?

i will be heading back to central Lisbon each night using public transport. I have seen last years stage times and i am a bit nervous about getting home.

it appears the headliners were on really late last year, The foo fighters were on at 12.25 and the Chemical Brother at 01.15.