Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hoping i like the next few acts announced. At the stage where it was radiohead, stone roses and justice it was potentially heading for my dream line-up for me but snow patrol, the cure (seeing them at primevera too and not really a big fan) and the effing kooks is not really the direction i was hoping for. It's personal taste though - most people are loving the cure and someone must like the other two.

If i believed in god i'd be praying for daft punk as the friday headline... alongside stone roses and justice!? It'll never happen but if it did...

Really hoping i like the next few acts announced. At the stage where it was radiohead, stone roses and justice it was potentially heading for my dream line-up for me but snow patrol, the cure (seeing them at primevera too and not really a big fan) and the effing kooks is not really the direction i was hoping for. It's personal taste though - most people are loving the cure and someone must like the other two.

If i believed in god i'd be praying for daft punk as the friday headline... alongside stone roses and justice!? It'll never happen but if it did...

Arteet - You would prob want to stay relatively near Cais De Sodre station. This station runs trains to the festival (and then beyond that to the beaches at Cascais and Estoril). Also, it's right next to Bairra Alto which is the main nightlife part of town (highly recommended). And it's right in the centre so near to everything else too!

Edited by arteet

I'm with you there. Looking at last year though still looks like a few good acts to come, the 2nd stage alone last year had some great acts.

If they got daft punk my head would literally explode I think, alas I think there is slim to no chance of this happening. New order or sigur ros would be on my more realistic wishlist.

Don't think it'll be The Who, they're not very poupular in Portugal unfortunately. If I remember right last time they played at Atlantic Pavilion (19k capacity) there were less than 5000 people attendig.

http://www.facebook....150523156521517

Look at this conversation in the Optimus Alive facebook, they could simply carify if SR are headliners or not, but they continue to ignore the question.

If Blur are indeed touring this summer (we only have the recordings confirmation yet) I think they are very good shout. Who are the 3 remaining headliners for Bilbao BBK and benicassim? If SR aren't headlining we'll get one, and surely it'll be bigger than Stone Roses. If it was Pearl Jam I think it would have already been announced, I don't see any reason for they announce the entire tour and hold the anouncement of Optimus Alive. I suspect the ones they are trying to get are a band that haven't annouced their tour yet, that's why Blur would fit. Who else?

Edited by roadrunner66

Don't think it'll be The Who, they're not very poupular in Portugal unfortunately. If I remember right last time they played at Atlantic Pavilion (19k capacity) there were less than 5000 people attendig.

http://www.facebook....150523156521517

Look at this conversation in the Optimus Alive facebook, they could simply carify if SR are headliners or not, but they continue to ignore the question.

If Blur are indeed touring this summer (we only have the recordings confirmation yet) I think they are very good shout. Who are the 3 remaining headliners for Bilbao BBK and benicassim? If SR aren't headlining we'll get one, and surely it'll be bigger than Stone Roses. If it was Pearl Jam I think it would have already been announced, I don't see any reason for they announce the entire tour and hold the anouncement of Optimus Alive. I suspect the ones they are trying to get are a band that haven't annouced their tour yet, that's why Blur would fit. Who else?

Edited by Davydenko

Haha, I started this facebook conversation, Im David.

BBK have 2 headliners, we dont Know who will be the third one, i think could be Blur, Beach Boys, Rage Against the Machine

For Benicasim, they have Stone Roses, Florence and New Order as headliners, i Dont know if Noel is headliner, but i think they'll bring The Killers.

Anyway, Optimus have better bands than BBK and FIB, im from spain, and I'll be in Portugal.

I just want some rock bands, because Radiohead, The Cure, Florences.... Big names but quite soft.

This week confirm new bands, but they only confirm 1 by 1, 1 band per day.

They're only 5 years older :sarcastic: Blur had more comercial success than Stone Roses, in UK and Ireland Stone Roses sell out big parks, in Portugal we have people asking "who the fuck are Stone Roses?". They're more appropriate for a 5000 capacity venue. They were the first band confirmed for Optimus Alive and even though their day is the one with more tickets available. What disturbs me most is that Stone Roses annouced themselves as headliners for Optimus Alive but Optimus Alive doesn't, I wish to be a fly and find out what the hell is happening.

I share your thoughts.

Maybe Stone Roses assumed they would be headliners at Optimus Alive and perhaps that's not the exact idea of the organization...

But IF Stone Roses aren't headliner surely they didn't cost the same money as the real headlining slot...

Though, in 2008 we had something like a co-headliner thing:

http://www.optimusal...anteriores/2008

If I remeber right neither Neil Young or Ben Harper were annouced as headliners, they had the same size of letter in the lineup, but Ben Harper played after Neil Young and very late (11.30 PM if I'm remember right). Obviously Neil Young gathered the biggest crowd. They were never clear of which one was the headliner and it seemed that they let the public to decide. In at least one other European festival Ben Harper payed in the same day of Neil Young subheadlining before him.

Maybe there's a lot of contractual matters that we don't no?

Everything can happen...

Edited by roadrunner66

Though i think the fact that the stone roses are not huge in portugal is relevant i also think that them being an absolute headliner in the uk is valid also - doing tweets in english this year and the majority of the big acts so far being from the uk and ireland shows it's definitely a market their targeting. It would be impressive for them to get anyone big enough to go above the roses - given the price of the ticket is already amazingly good value. They did have four headliners last year (over four days) but 30 seconda to mars and jane's addiction were both supporting acts in the uk (reading). If they are working on another big friday act I can see a kind of co-headliner but possibly not someone as expensive as blur would probably be... I could also them actually playing before the stone roses as well, though there is a logic to have justice last. Looking forward to announcements this week.

Sonisphere is around the same time

Queen/FNM and Guns n Roses are rumoured

could be one of those

Queen with adam lambert could easily play above Stone Roses

or we could get a co headliner .... Kasabian would fit in with the bands on theat day

yeah im struggling to understand stone roses not headlining ... only thing stopping me is that ther name is the same font as the other bands and smaller than the Cure and Radiohead

i could see stone roses allowing Kasabian to play above them as ther are all mates etc but are Kasabian much bigger than stone roses in portugal?