so who has got there tickets v fest ..... 2012?

Guest danielle159

Hi All,

I am a newbie to all this and 2 festivals lol god help me! got my ticket yesterday thanks to early bird code :) so me and my mate our on our way to Staffs for a banging weekend. To me the line - up looks good but people i know who have been are saying there never beat last year (Eminem and Rhianna) what is everyone else thinking? im a huge fan of Example i think he will be amazing at a festival.

There seems to be so much going on and so much jargon being thrown around can't tell you what it means.... i was thinking of driving down has anyone done this in the past? any advice very much appreciated although cant say ill stick to if after my tent is up and the vodkas flowing. Im soooo Excited.

Thanks all

Danielle xxx

I have mine too! Can't wait this will be the 4th year running!!

Eminem and Rihanna were big bookings (although I didn't stick around long with Eminem as it was a complete chav fest and not an atmosphere I was enjoying...Saw Calvin Harris instead!) but I personally think Kasabian, Kings of Leon and Faithless was the best year I have been to in 2010... AMAZE! The line up this year is brilliant IMO. The Killers, Noel, Guetta, Example and Friendly Fires are my defo sees... Tinie Tempah was good last year so might have to get round to him too for some new stuff!

I always go to the Chelmsford venue so can't give advice on whether to drive as we get the train or coach.

My advice is get there early on Friday to get your tent up and kick back and relax until last in the evening when the tent kicks off!

Have a WKD time

Edited by Robbie c

Going to my 5th V Fest this year, will probably be my last for a while as the acts are getting repeated an awful lot but I guess I have to expect that going 5 straight years! I also go to Chelmsford and always have an amazing time with my friends in red camp! For me 2009 and 2010 were my best years going personally. Anyway have a great time and heres hoping the sun shines! :)

2010 was a great line up and a fairly good crowd. Last year with Eminem and Rihanna appearing, just brought absolutely kaaants to the festival I gather and I stayed away for exactly that reason and went to Glasto instead (which was amazing and I thoroughly recommend you go there next year!).

The line up this year is a really good festival line up in general and hopefully it will keep all of the twats away who just want to throw piss over you or start fights or burn tents!

Hi, I got my tickets yesterday too. Wasn't planning to go as I had already booked IOW, but the V line up is looking fab so far it was too good to miss. I went to v in 2009 and 2010 that were both brilliant! We go to weston park. Def get there early friday to get a good pitch. Can't wait!! Hope the indie disco thing is still on friday night?! :girlhaha:

Got my early bird tickets yesterday, will be my 5th V at Weston Park. We always drive every year (we only live 20 mins away) Last year was the first time we left extra early as there were 11 of us, we were pitched up and sorted by 10am was brilliant. Green camp is the way forward! Fingers crossed for weather like last year!

Hi Danielle. This will be my 4th V and have to say last years line up was weak for me. Getting to staffs on the Friday I'd recommend getting there early, me and me mates are leaving at 5 TI get there for 7! Orange campsite has served us well the past 2 years as well, and it's right near the arena entrance! Should be a cracking weekend with a great set of headliners.

Kris

I've bought two Sunday tickets. My V fest pal boycotted last year because it was simply too chavvy and not to our tastes. On the other hand, I'm glad to see the V fest line-up more like the old V fest (lots of rock/indie/alternative at the top of the bill) rather than teenage/chavvy fest acts (although some have slipped through).

Anyone saying that last year couldn't be beaten? You are far wrong and well down on how V fest normally is. Muse being top of the bill was pretty epic for my first V experience.

Anyway, I'm surprised to see that the Chelmsford only tickets still havent fully sold out yet! Weekend camping has gone, but still plenty of weekend non-camping and day tickets available.

Edited by Tunster

Hi Chris LFC leaving at 5? where u from? gates dont open till 8am do they? whats the orange camp like i was thinking either gold or green i still want to be able to get a bit of sleep lol otherwise i am going to be evil haha lets hope the weather holds up and will be a briliant weekend.

Thanksx

Leicester. Gates open earlier than they say on the website, we got there at 9 2 years ago and red was already full! Never had a problem in orange, you can get sleep easy enough, but will get woken early no matter where you camp. The latest me and the missus have slept in is 7 I think!

We usually camp in orange or green and much preferred green last year had a lovely nights sleep! Also have camped in gold before but its quite a walk from the arena. We got there around 8am last year and were let in the car park and let in to campsite around 9am and by 10am we were all set up.