Beer Tokens

Guest worthyraver

Doesn't need to entirely replace the cash system but I'm the sort of person that would like a world where I could have a chip implanted in my hand that had everything I need so I wouldn't need to carry f*ck all haha risky as it may be...

what a fantastic idea - to abdicate control of all of your life to a chip maker and govt. We should all be doing that. :wacko:

Edited by eFestivals

It would clearly cost more. You're comparing it to the Oyster Card which is a travel pass used across a whole rail network and is probably funded by a transport authority. If it was brought in at fests it would cost the organisers a huge amount of cash just to get it up and running. Who's going to take the hit? The organisers or us? It's the same when security costs go up, ticket prices go up as well.

The whole idea is flawed. Take Glastonbury for example. Fair enough the big bars won't have a problem implementing the new technology, but what about the smaller bars or the random stalls dotted about? Will they need to invest in scanners as well? Too much money to invest in a system which like any other computerised system can easily break down leaving us where?

The whole idea of going to a festival and being used as some kind of market research tool for the whole weekend disgusts me as well. We've got by perfectly fine just using cash this far, I don't see the reason we need to change now.

The whole idea of going to a festival and being used as some kind of market research tool for the whole weekend disgusts me as well. We've got by perfectly fine just using cash this far, I don't see the reason we need to change now.

this ^^^^

The whole idea of festivals in their original form was of them being something that was anti-mainstream society. The more that festival goers allow them to become a tool of mainstream society, the less inspiring they become as events.

If you go on over to the T in the Park forum, there's a thread there about how it's now the worst festival in the world - and that's because it's been eaten by mainstream culture.

So if you see these wristbands as a good idea, don't start moaning when your favourite festival serves up only the likes of Jessie J, Cher Lloyd, JLS, and One Direction - because that's what they'll bring you.

• 4 weeks later...

am against this solely because if there was a record of what i purchased over the weekend would mean a record of my shame.