Tickets on sale Sunday 7 Oct

Guest AnnaGrant

So what is this exclusive Glastonbury Festival news coming tomorrow... is it regarding the line up? :D

Also it is the Pilton Party this Friday- will we be getting some more rumours then? As I recall normally some stuff gets out at the party :P And also the bands playing will obviously be playing Glastonbury too (but the line up doesn't look good...)

Edited by Al2006

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is this exclusive Glastonbury Festival news coming tomorrow... is it regarding the line up? :D

Also it is the Pilton Party this Friday- will we be getting some more rumours then? As I recall normally some stuff gets out at the party :P And also the bands playing will obviously be playing Glastonbury too (but the line up doesn't look good...)

if we give you the exclusive now it won't be tomorrow, will it? :P

We might get wind of something at PP, we might not. No year is the same.

You've got a bit carried away, without checking the basics. :lol:

I said a redirection of some sort - without having checked anything at that point - and now I have, that's defo right.

If you ping www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk it gives you the IP address it's hosted on. If you ping glastonbury.seetickets.com it gives you the different IP address for that domain's server.

And yet if you access glastonbury.seetickets.com, you get re-directed to (the real) www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

So there's either a simple redirect page on glastonbury.seetickets.com, or (more likely) the domain configuration on that server for glastonbury.seetickets.com does a simple redirect to www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk (just as I do on my servers with some of my domains).

The advantage of this set-up (rather than using DNS to sernd the request to the relevant server) is that when you want to use the glastonbury.seetickets.com sub-domain, it's a simple case of changing the domain set-up on that server and it's instantly active (rather than having to wait for the DNS to propagate, which can take up-to 48 hours for all users).

Funnily enough, I've do9ne something very much like that today with the new beefy server I've just put in and you're using now to read this post. :)

Has anyone here figured out how to update their photo on the glasto registration site? I can get onto the screen to update name/address/email etc, but it won't let me change the photo.

It's my girlfriend's registration and she's got a different hair colour and would rather it matched as I wouldn't like to run the risk of us not getting in!

What confuses me is that if that is the case, how come you still see the "glastonbury.seetickets.com" hostname in the URL rather than a "glastonburyfestivals.co.uk" string? Plus how come the certificate still contains their domain name?

when I tried it previously was defo re-directing, complete with changed URL (in firefox anyway).

And I just tried it via a tool I have installed, which tells me it's redirecting elswhere via HTML (whether that's via an actual page or a server re-direct I'm not entirely sure).

If I could be bothered I could hunt down a few tools which could tell me more ... but there's really no need. It's simply one of the See servers redirecting the request to the Glasto official site.

you know, I hate to take the wind out of Neil's sails, and for me to pre-empt his exclusive is pretty shitty behaviour, but what the hell...

Bodger and Badger will be performing in the childrens field.

not enough? alright then..

Attila The Stockbroker will be on in the cabaret/words and poetry tent.

Don't say I never give you nothing. Solid gold, those. *taps nose*

the See Tickets 'queue' is not really a queue. It's simply a timed (every 20 secs I think) refreshing page, which will let you thru to the next step when either the server load has dropped or a threshold for the number of active transactions has been dropped below.

If you got 'kicked out', it's very probably the case that it was really their server system being unable to handle even all those 'queue' pages.

For the biggest possible chance:-

- use a number of different browsers, rather than many windows of just one browser.

- use a number of different computers (each with a number of different browsers), rather than many windows of just one browser.

- also try using any mobile devices you have, as it's possible (tho I think unlikely) that those are handled by a different server system that might have less load.

... and then try, try, and try again, using manual refreshes on that 'queuing' page, as you'll manually refresh quicker that the queue page will.

The more attempts, the greater chance you have - because it is just chance for who gets thru and who doesn't.

Don't waste time hunting for and trying any 'backdoor' methods which people might claim to know. The simple fact is that a person feels special when they've succeeded when so many others are failing, which leads them to often think that they've found a special way to do things which has given them that success. It really is bollocks; it's just chance.

DO NOT give your payment card details to someone who is not your firm real-world friend (so NO 'internet friends'!!). There are scumbags out there who will rob you. Do you want to be robbed more than you want a Glastonbury ticket?

Excellent. Thanks Neil

We do the several computers routine, but always used same browser, multi page option, so will try multi browsers.

Cheers

the See Tickets 'queue' is not really a queue. It's simply a timed (every 20 secs I think) refreshing page, which will let you thru to the next step when either the server load has dropped or a threshold for the number of active transactions has been dropped below.

If you got 'kicked out', it's very probably the case that it was really their server system being unable to handle even all those 'queue' pages.

For the biggest possible chance:-

- use a number of different browsers, rather than many windows of just one browser.

- use a number of different computers (each with a number of different browsers), rather than many windows of just one browser.

- also try using any mobile devices you have, as it's possible (tho I think unlikely) that those are handled by a different server system that might have less load.

... and then try, try, and try again, using manual refreshes on that 'queuing' page, as you'll manually refresh quicker that the queue page will.

The more attempts, the greater chance you have - because it is just chance for who gets thru and who doesn't.

Don't waste time hunting for and trying any 'backdoor' methods which people might claim to know. The simple fact is that a person feels special when they've succeeded when so many others are failing, which leads them to often think that they've found a special way to do things which has given them that success. It really is bollocks; it's just chance.

DO NOT give your payment card details to someone who is not your firm real-world friend (so NO 'internet friends'!!). There are scumbags out there who will rob you. Do you want to be robbed more than you want a Glastonbury ticket?

We do the several computers routine, but always used same browser, multi page option, so will try multi browsers.

I'm not 100% that using multi browsers does actually give an advantage, but there's a logical case for why it might (without knowing all the details of See's system it's not possible to know).

But as it's no disadvantage over using multi windows, I defo think it's worth a try. If what I'm thinking about how their system works is right, then 3 different browsers will increase your chances by three times over using three windows - and that's quite a difference!