Line Up Announcment at 4pm

Guest adamrob

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's actually a decent line up.

Basement Jaxx are a solid dance headliner. In fact, I'd rate them higher than Deadmau5 and I'd rank Example above Mumford and Sons so in many respects this could turn out a stronger line up than last year.

I've saw Basement Jaxx at Barrowlands and they were brilliant, think they will be good. Only act I'm interested in seeing so far. The phrase 'indie landfill' comes to mind about the rest of it.

I'm sure if the announcement today had Seth Troxler, Hudson Mohawke, Eats Everything, Jackmaster, Gessafelstein etc etc facebook would be even more negative but the dance heads would be rejoicing.
Edited by gordong

I've saw Basement Jaxx at Barrowlands and they were brilliant, think they will be good. Only act I'm interested in seeing so far. The phrase 'indie landfill' comes to mind about the rest of it.

Yeah a lot of ppl thinking about going elsewhere for there festival fix this year and for those who love dance this line up announcement could be the deciding factor that makes them go to another festival

I get what you mean, probably true, good chance they are saving all the dance acts to announce at once, but I think that's a silly tactic to have as they have just further pissed off that section of the punters a lot of whom have been going to Rockness since the start. A lot of people were annoyed because there was no word about the festival for so long, then the ticket fiasco and now this.

Aye, I understand the logic in announcing the most "popular" acts to appeal to the masses and then put the acts that the majority of people would say "who?" to out a bit later.

I'm sure if the announcement today had Seth Troxler, Hudson Mohawke, Eats Everything, Jackmaster, Gessafelstein etc etc facebook would be even more negative but the dance heads would be rejoicing.