Help a first timer

Guest WHO ARE YOU?

First time going to rockness, normally go to T but wanted a change. Was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me.

When do bands start during the day? And when do they finish?

Is there anything on after the headling acts? How long is the walk from campsite to arena?

Anything I should know please say.

Thank you.

on Friday normally about 4 in the afternoon, Saturday about 12ish and same on Sunday if im correct!

Headliner normally finishes at about midnight. Yes, afterburner is on till about 3 in the morning on Saturday I think, amazing experience. The walk is nothing compared to titp.

there is a lot less chavs...

If you don't like the walking at TITP, Rockness is the total opposite. Carpark is close to the campsite, Arena to campsite is a short stroll, it's never a long mission if you need to go back to your tent. From one stage to another is always a short walk. As stated before, less neds, creating a friendlier atmosphere.

I just think it's a much better festival exprience in all

Actually, in 2010 whilst we were away from our tents, some jakey asked the guys next to us for a knife to cut into a tent/bag/or some shit...so the lad went over pretending to give him a hand and clocked him one! the stewards were straight over and as far as i'm away the wristband woulda been cut straight off and arrested.

No Friday as well! has so much more to offer than TITP! and Ive been to TITP the past 5/6 years. I do enjoy both but rockiness has a much greater party atmosphere. the only reason I go to titp is because I love live music and a lot of acts I haven't seen seem to go

Headliners on Main Stage and Goldenvoice are till midnight on all nights, apart from Saturday last year, Deadmau5 was on til 12.30. Friday and Saturday Afterburner is on until 3am, sometimes later. This includes Stage 3 too (Sub Club Soundsystem) Sunday is strictly midnight all round though. Dores Village are pretty pissed off by then.. haha

Like others have said, very short walk, far friendlier atmosphere than T. You do get the odd idiot like you do at all festivals, but RN has boasted very low crime rate etc in the past. Theres something for everyone on the stages across the weekend. Best festival location you'll ever find. You'll have an amazing time!

Headliners on Main Stage and Goldenvoice are till midnight on all nights, apart from Saturday last year, Deadmau5 was on til 12.30. Friday and Saturday Afterburner is on until 3am, sometimes later. This includes Stage 3 too (Sub Club Soundsystem) Sunday is strictly midnight all round though. Dores Village are pretty pissed off by then.. haha

Like others have said, very short walk, far friendlier atmosphere than T. You do get the odd idiot like you do at all festivals, but RN has boasted very low crime rate etc in the past. Theres something for everyone on the stages across the weekend. Best festival location you'll ever find. You'll have an amazing time!

Edited by Fizzy2734

I think it's so weird how there has been so few deaths at T (considering the clientele and the 20 years it's been on) and so many at Rockness, it's weird.

But yeah, that's nothing to do with security as Paul said. Rockness has a little too much security in my opinion, very strict with everything.

I can answer all of the questions asked above with one simple tip...

Go to the tent that offers free condoms and make your way back to your tent, keeping yourself to yourself and avoiding strangers. Have a posh w*nk. Sorted.

Edited by marky3

Just what i was thinking , my cousins girl friend Kirsty does the security at Rockness and many other festivals and they are hard working and there for you if you need them, its the people who wanna take shit legal highs and too much of it that causes the problem not the security staff.

P.s take illegal ones much safer aha lol :sarcastic:

I hope they go with their own rules this year, There is a massive sign saying your allowed to take in sealed bottles into the arena but they were stopping people, I confronted them and told them about the massive sign, the boy toddled off and looked at the sign and said nah ur still no getting it! so hopefully the sign isnt put up or they bide by their own rules clearly made :)
Edited by Pokeybumwanker

The drugs that security should be cracking on. Im not preachy but that initial checks are a joke 3 o my mates policed it last year and the cops frequently had to step in as over the days tiredness set in and security slackened.