The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

9 hours ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

So, having found that my tent is mouldy when I went to put it up at Shindig last week (yes, I know I should have checked it before I went) I am now needing a new one. Any recommendations on best brands or places to buy please?

Go outdoors sale, and the e demo ones set up 

Tent next to me at Bearded Theory had black guy ropes, and all of them pinned out, which was so bloody ridiculous on all levels. I’m quite happy to avoid them as long as I can see the f**kers! 

8 hours ago, MrHew said:

That does look really comfy! Pretty low R rating though so might not be enough insulation for my old bones 

You'll be absolutely fine, I've used it in winter. 

Just get a foil mat to go underneath if you're worried, they also cost peanuts :) 

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2024 at 9:07 AM, EavisAintDead said:

I've got one like this but they have got really very expensive - have a look at their full range - every osprey product I've bought has been really high quality with great zips and has been really comfy

Have just ordered this, Blacks had a further 10% off so got it for £246 inc delivery.

On 5/28/2024 at 12:33 PM, Jacksamthompson said:

Once you go Fresh and Black you dont go back. 

My other half couldn't go last minute last year (due to a bereavement) so I borrowed a mates pop up fresh and black and I'm absolutely gutted to be going back to our much larger and hotter tent this year

3 hours ago, Helsbels said:

My other half couldn't go last minute last year (due to a bereavement) so I borrowed a mates pop up fresh and black and I'm absolutely gutted to be going back to our much larger and hotter tent this year

Buy a fresh and black?

17 hours ago, Glastonbury101 said:

I’ve got that model and it’s great, highly recommend it. Also had the pop up version that was fine in the mud in 2016. No issues with poles/tent strength at all

2 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

Borrow the smaller one, sleep in that, put your stuff in the bigger one! 

I use my 3 man fresh and black festival tent as a bedroom in my big tent on family holidays. It means the kids don’t wake up at silly o’clock and I get a lie in! 

On 6/1/2024 at 5:59 PM, gooner1990 said:

Have just ordered this, Blacks had a further 10% off so got it for £246 inc delivery.

"Hiked" down to a cricket club do last weekend with a few chairs and an awning in the bag, felt really heavy to pick up but so effortless once it was on my back - I hope you love it!