The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

11 hours ago, mrfunk said:

You understand toilet roll is free from the lockups ( make a donation 😎)

I do know that.

Some people might not like it or leave it to the people that are a bit skint and need it. If everyone took it then it would soon run out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I do know that.

Some people might not like it or leave it to the people that are a bit skint and need it. If everyone took it then it would soon run out.

Fair enough. 

I think last year was the first time we in Lockups had toilet rolls left on the last day, since I started!

On 6/5/2024 at 9:45 AM, Jacksamthompson said:

Ive got a Igloo Marine Ultra 54QT and swear by it. Its a big boy, but geninuley keeps everything cold all weekend, not just 48 hours. Managed to pick up a great deal at Costco, but looks like theyve gone up in price a bit since. Anything from the marine ultra range will be good though. 

Thanks for the recommendation! Managed to get the Costco deal. It is a beast though. How do the wheels fare on site? 

1 hour ago, RandomBunny said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Managed to get the Costco deal. It is a beast though. How do the wheels fare on site? 

I've got a similar wheeled Coleman. Wheels are fine, it's the handle that goes first.

• Thanks 1

Decided I can’t face the mess that would be my tent after a week on site so have ordered some cheap car boot organisers from eBay. Should do a decent job of keeping everything tidy and only £12 for both including delivery 

13 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

ah i didnt get the wheeled one (jel).

This is what mine looks like on a typical trolly:

Can't see the pic sadly, but good to know it can fit in a trolley! (for when the handle and/or wheels break) 

On 6/4/2024 at 2:12 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

any cool box recommendations ... saw one posted a while back but cant find it .... might progress from my 15 quid Asda one ... ive also got the ability to use the work freezer so can chuck the box plus cider in it for a few days . hopefully they'll leave the lid off this time , last time they didnt so the contents didnt freeze as well as hoped , despite me leaving a sign on it not to close 

Bought this Coleman Xtreme one the other day from Amazon. Looking forward to trying it out, it's massive! Not looking forward to carrying from the car to the tent though when it is full of ice.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MKQ713Y?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

1 hour ago, iamstreety said:

Bought this Coleman Xtreme one the other day from Amazon. Looking forward to trying it out, it's massive! Not looking forward to carrying from the car to the tent though when it is full of ice.

Yeah that’s the balance … mine will go in bike trailer but will be doing 2 trips no point struggling first time 

4 minutes ago, Jack Ledger said:

Any recommendations for a decent power bank to last me the festival?

I'm currently running in a Juice XL (7 charges) based on some t'internet research earlier this week. Bought it direct, <£30, delivered next day. All seems to work. Doing 3-4 charge/discharge cycles per recommendation to get it to full capacity. Fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LateStarter50 said:

I'm currently running in a Juice XL (7 charges) based on some t'internet research earlier this week. Bought it direct, <£30, delivered next day. All seems to work. Doing 3-4 charge/discharge cycles per recommendation to get it to full capacity. Fingers crossed!

Have you got a link please?  I'm not looking currently but that term brings up all sorts

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Have you got a link please?  I'm not looking currently but that term brings up all sorts

https://www.juice.co.uk/collections/power-banks/products/juice-eco-max-power-bank-20-000mah

many apols. had mis-remembered exact title... it is in fact Juice Max!

• Upvote 1

Maybe super boring, but this thread can't claim to be anything else surely?

Got these for the van - Just a little thing to kick off potentially muddy wellies before getting in.

717TUEW-wgL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.j

And this, which doesn't particularly need explaining.

61ONvKRfhUL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.j

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Got these for the van - Just a little thing to kick off potentially muddy wellies before getting in.

Exactly what this thread is all about! I never expected that when I started this thread 11 years ago with a post about a 3 legged stool for a £1 that it would still be going strong with +800K views!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, iamstreety said:

I wouldnt bother filling it with ice. Stick everything in there super cold the morning you leave, then buy ice in the coop when you get there. 

8 hours ago, The Other Steve said:

Exactly what this thread is all about! I never expected that when I started this thread 11 years ago with a post about a 3 legged stool for a £1 that it would still be going strong with +800K views!

Love that! This is actually my favourite thread on the whole forum! 🥰

Edited by RandomBunny

8 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Where did you get the floor tiles from? 

On 6/14/2024 at 10:08 AM, LateStarter50 said:

https://www.juice.co.uk/collections/power-banks/products/juice-eco-max-power-bank-20-000mah

many apols. had mis-remembered exact title... it is in fact Juice Max!

@Jack Ledger and @clarketeby way of update, completed first cycle. The charge from flat to full took A LONG TIME to get going because all our USB outlets seem to be 2.1A; the instructions on the Juice say it prefers a 3A. I hasten to add it got there in the end, but maybe took longer than claimed 6 hours. I've now got a USB charge adapter with a 3A output, will try that on the next cycle. Otherwise happy. First device charge in 2nd cycle hasn't dented its 4/4 charged status.