Bands/Artists that never get a slot but YOU KNOW they would be bloody fantastic...

Guest tezshields

I'm sure I'm like many humans that like to sample different types of live music. During the course of a year there are a range of gigs/concerts I choose to attend. These can be up and coming/new artists, established artists, legend types and even quite obscure stuff. Glastonbury offers all of these types in abundance and that is why it's the best festival in the world.

HOWEVER...

There are quite a few bands/artists that seem to slip through the net come selection time and I have to say that I get a wee bit frustrated, especially when the dates align but to no sign of em on the list. after seeing an ace band perform so well at a standard venue you can really imagine them going down really well at Worthy Farm. I totally understand that this can be down to various reasons such as the artist(s) tour commitments and personal preferences such as 'no festivals' and in some cases the type of band doesn't seem to 'Fit' with Glastonbury (i.e. Metal bands/Download Festival types). I'd like to see some of your points of view and also a read few of your choices and suggestions too.

That's not to say some of my choices haven't played Glastonbury before... It's just that i wasn't there when they did, so that doesn't count.

That's just my humble pretty selfish statement

Some of mine choices:

Counting Crows

Pearl Jam

Dave Matthews Band

Pink Floyd (minus Rick Wright) silly I know... But I would die a happy bloke

The Eagles

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Arcade Fire

Joe Bonamassa (would be fan-friggin-tastic!)

Zappa plays Zappa

TOOL

Jethro Tull

Led F*cking Zeppelin

John Butler Trio

John Shuttleworth (Headlining Pyramid... Hahaha!)

Joan Baez

Tom Waits/Bob Dylan (voices are shot but just to see them at Glasto really)

KISS

Iron Maiden

Lionel Richie (Sunday Tea Time please!)

Live

Lynyrd Synyrd (what's left of em)

ZZ Top (WOW!)

Mike Oldfield

NIN

Ozric Tantacles (Haven't played in years)

Presidents of the USA

Ray Lamontagne

Richard Ashcroft (solo)

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Done! {deep breath}

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassandra Wilson just been announced at Ronnie Scotts early July

Fiona Apple is playing a Spain festival.

Both class acts in their own right, shoud be playing imho.

Edited by whisty

I totally get your frustration. I suppose a reassuring thought is that they are just hitting it big so theres plenty of room to feature in future.

It murders you though when you just know how cool they would go down.

Reckoning the setting is another one for the hopeful dreamer.

Other Stage high on list...? Mid Day Pyramid...? Headline JP?

The delightful selection of Metal acts would certainly go down a treat with many of the wonderful attendees. I believe that there have been crowd issues in the past with these types of acts but that was back then. I'd like to think that things could be controlled these days. It seems that thats pretty much accepted as the norm nowadays, that certain bands don't play Glastonbury, although odd bookings like Eagles Of Death Metal on Pyramid crop up from time to time. I for one have had the distinct pleasure of being at a harder rock festival and most people seem really level headed and nice to each other. The main issue is the trendy yobs/scally types that seem to be surfacing more at V and our beloved Farm.

I plead with The Family Eavis

"Allow our Metal loving friends to frolic across the fields of Avalon, hand in hand with his hippie brothers and sisters... Satan and Christ as one unified body..."

Basically...

BOOK SOME FACEMELTERS!!!

I like your addition of Judas Priest. Absolutely blew my wellingtons off a few years ago. So so good! Rammstein are renowned for the live show and I would love to see that.

Maiden...? Well that just goes without saying.

SLAYER would be hilariously good, just to see those bemused faces passing on their way from The Park Stage to Dance Field.

Edited by Dead throne

Yes!

I was there too. Victoria Park. I was so glad they decided to turn up the volume later on cos I couldn't hear shit early afternoon. Guessing it was a legal limit at that time of day. Brilliant though!

I really liked Black Country Communion and the Jethro Tull headline on Prog Rock Stage. Joe Bonamassa came on and jammed through Locomotive Breath.

Some nice real ales in the Beer Tent and weather was cracking too.

Cheers mate!

Thin Lizzy were a bit of a let down I think. Shame really cos I buzzed off em a few weeks earlier in Manchester. Better setting. Slash did good as did Rival Sons & Queensryche. I remember having a 'slash' myself and discovering that Amy Winehouse had died. Very Surreal. Not as surreal as finding out about Michael Jackson popping his clogs at Glasto during East 17, mind. Hahaha!

Thin Lizzy were a bit of a let down I think. Shame really cos I buzzed off em a few weeks earlier in Manchester. Better setting. Slash did good as did Rival Sons & Queensryche. I remember having a 'slash' myself and discovering that Amy Winehouse had died. Very Surreal. Not as surreal as finding out about Michael Jackson popping his clogs at Glasto during East 17, mind. Hahaha!