Who's going to surprise us by how good they are?

Guest Zero_Newnab

Plenty of acts get a lot of stick on this forum, some I agree with, some I don't... Which got me thinking...

Which acts do you think aren't popular on this forum but will actually nail it?

Personally I don't think many people here care for Bastille, but I think they'll put on a great show.

What do you guys reckon?

People will sing along to Mumford and they'll get a great reception, but that in no way means they're actually any good.

It depends on what your definition of a good show is, acts that get people dancing and singing along are ten a penny, that's what people go to shows for so that's what they'll do, all the act needs to do is play the songs they've played to see and not do anything disagreeable. I went to see Dinosaur Jr. earlier in the year, there were no big crowd pleasers or singalongs, no witty jokes or patronising "we luv yew"s to the crowd, but they were fucking incredible, I can safely say I've never heard guitars that beautiful, you can't blag that.

Hoping for a good set from The Rolling Stones the setlist from last night looked pretty good, minus my favourite Ruby Tuesday! (They better play it!!!) Although i know that Frightened Rabbit will put on a really good show, everytime i have seen them they have been fantastic and i doubt this time will be any different. If anyone needs any assurance of how good they can be watch anything from The Barrowlands in Glasgow from this year! It was unbelievable crowd participation at it's best!

Portishead. Probably the band I'm currently most excited about (changes daily for me) and I know for a fact this will be the gig of the weekend.

Mumfords I am also looking forward to, last years poor weather put a dampener on the fact that they had arrived at sunset slot on a major stage. They deserve one of those beautiful Glastonbury nights where the deep red moon rises and everyone just feels the love :)

Primals. The stones are going to be the bucketlist option, but the Primals are going to kill it.

Arctic Monkeys are the dark horses of the festival, I reckon they will be set of the weekend, competition though comes from an even darker horse Foals. I reckon Foals is gonna be a spectacle!

Rolling Stones will be great, the atmosphere and build up will be electric!

Mumfords will be good I reckon, for a lot of the youth, I can imagine there will be a lot of crying girls!

I'm seriously looking forward to shikari as well! (4th time lucky).

The three main bands that I think will blow people away are Phoenix, Frightened Rabbit & Portishead.

Phoenix especially, their Coachella performance was fantastic and everyone at Mumford will be making a terrible decision imo.

Isn't this a redundant question. If you go, then you are expecting the band to be good, so no surprise. If you don't go, how will you know how good they are? It is only by following your nose that you will be surprised. I was surprised by Molotov Jukebox last time and this time they are a must see.

Isn't this a redundant question. If you go, then you are expecting the band to be good, so no surprise. If you don't go, how will you know how good they are? It is only by following your nose that you will be surprised. I was surprised by Molotov Jukebox last time and this time they are a must see.