Who's going to surprise us by how good they are?

Guest Zero_Newnab

Isn't this a redundant question. If you go, then you are expecting the band to be good, so no surprise. If you don't go, how will you know how good they are? It is only by following your nose that you will be surprised. I was surprised by Molotov Jukebox last time and this time they are a must see.

I think plenty of people will end up at a band they aren't expecting to be good. Whether it's box ticking for the Stones, dragged by their girlfriend to see Mumfords or those who are too polite to ditch their friends when they all want to be at Jake Bugg.

That, and you might hear from others or see on TV after the fact that a performance you avoided was actually good.

I think plenty of people will end up at a band they aren't expecting to be good. Whether it's box ticking for the Stones, dragged by their girlfriend to see Mumfords or those who are too polite to ditch their friends when they all want to be at Jake Bugg.

That, and you might hear from others or see on TV after the fact that a performance you avoided was actually good.

Its all about Goat for me. Anyone who happens to catch them will be in store for quite an unbelievable experience.

Others who i think will go down well are Peace, Calexico, Palma Violets, Tame Impala, The Hives, Arctics and The Smashing Pumpkins who will for sure rock the f*ck out.

Acoustic wise I think Jake Bugg and Seasick Steve will impress all. Can anyone recommend some acoustic artists for me to check out?

Its all about Goat for me. Anyone who happens to catch them will be in store for quite an unbelievable experience.

Others who i think will go down well are Peace, Calexico, Palma Violets, Tame Impala, The Hives, Arctics and The Smashing Pumpkins who will for sure rock the f*ck out.

Acoustic wise I think Jake Bugg and Seasick Steve will impress all. Can anyone recommend some acoustic artists for me to check out?

Considering the relative size of crowd to their actual slot on the bill, I confidently predict that the 'biggest' crowd of the weekend will be for Jake Bugg (like it was for Two Door Cinema Club two years ago). Conversely, the smallest crowd of the weekend for their slot on the bill will be Nick Cave (obviously).

Also have a sneaking suspicion that Editors may have a rather big crowd too, as they seem a bit far down for a band who have subbed the Other Stage twice before. Small crowds for pretty much everyone who goes up against the Stones...

I know a lot of people are really excited about seeing them so maybe this doesn't count but I think the Smashing Pumpkins will put in a blinder of a show. They were shit when I saw them years ago so the owe me a decent one.

I'm also really looking forward to Glen Hansard in the acoustic tent.

I am really looking forward to Portishead, some great tunes and if the sound if up and booming they will smash it, it is gonna be epic! Looking forward to a crazy singalong a stones night and cap it with the quality of Bobby Womack. So much more in between but Portishead is THE not miss for me :)

Ok you will all call it youngsters music but I go with what happened 2011 Chase and Status came and smashed it still gives me the bumps still on the Glasto website. So i could say same again. BUT this is where it gets even more controversial Rudimental let fly yesterday with one hell of an album. Could well be a move from the Sonic required, if you want to experience all sides of music give it a try, i will be down the front, if I remember :spiteful:

Is it worth seeing the Smashing Pumpkins?? Never been properly into them, but i really like about 5 or 6 songs. Just wondering if they are a bit past it now, isn't it just Billy Corgan and none of the other founding members? I might see them if they don't clash with anyone else, i'm in two minds about it at the moment

Also what do people think of Palma Violets? Has anyone seen them live recently? Another band that i like maybe 2 or 3 songs a lot, i thought the album was a bit of a let down as well. NME keep going on about how amazing they are live (which they obviously would) but i just want to see if anyone else thinks that it's worth seeing them

Also Ben Howard will get a massive crowd however low down he is, and i think he'll absolutely smash it!