What do you recon the best place to eat on site is

Guest glastofever

Pieminster is a definite, chapati man is also good. The healing fields has a cooking bit where you can get great food for a quarter the price of the stalls in the main areas.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One year (2009 I think), I trekked from the Pyramid to West Holts, starving hungry, absolutely knackered, and had La Grande Bouffe Red Wine Sausage. I'm honestly not sure if I have ever enjoyed a meal more before or since then. I make sure I have one every year after that experience. Also, one of the crepe places near the pyramid sorted us out for breakfast each morning last time round

As of this year I work next to borough market- they have a pieminister stall there- you can buy about 15 varieties hot or cold!

And on Monday's the mothership is only £5... To be fair it kind of gets rid of the festival magic as it is always available for me now!

Carribean stall in the Dance Village for curry goat (though the outline for Silver hayes indicates a wider range of Carribean stalls down there this year), Japanese noodle bar up from the Brothers Bar at West Holts for tempura. Falafal stall to the right of the West Holts stage for, well urm, falafal! Mexican stall in The Park for nachos

Plus most places in the Greenfields

I always make a beeline for the stalls doing Caribbean food, there was one in West Holts field in 2010 that did a great curry goat.

The Oggy stall is good too as its pretty cheap and the portions are massive, I always buy one to share between 2 people.

Edited by Kyelo

As of this year I work next to borough market- they have a pieminister stall there- you can buy about 15 varieties hot or cold!

And on Monday's the mothership is only £5... To be fair it kind of gets rid of the festival magic as it is always available for me now!

Love the kedgeree from the fish curry stall,

To be honest though apart from having a Lebanese meal from a stall up near that Park I don't think Ive ever had something I didn't like...

To be honest even that time it was my own fault for not asking what it was before I bought it ... ended up being cold minced lamb wrapped in a mint leaf

Love the kedgeree from the fish curry stall,

To be honest though apart from having a Lebanese meal from a stall up near that Park I don't think Ive ever had something I didn't like...

To be honest even that time it was my own fault for not asking what it was before I bought it ... ended up being cold minced lamb wrapped in a mint leaf

I too am also a fan of Roaming Rotisserie http://www.roamingrotisserie.co.uk/Home.html

and The Hog Roast which in 2011 were practically neighbours opposite Bread and Roses.

We wander round on Wednesday looking at whats new and make a note of anything that takes our fancy as you are bound to forget where it is otherwise. :)

Can I put in another vote for La Grande Bouffe? But you have to have the full sausage + tartiflette to get the best value, kills the appetite like a kick to the stomach to abuse a more famous quote.

Not far behind though is the Tapas next door, seems like it could be a fiddly expensive mess and it was dear but each year has to be done and always finish hopping-around excited about the lovely noms.

And a mid-festival fish+chips seems to do wonders for the constitution even if it's not super-special - must be those fishy oils.