What do you recon the best place to eat on site is

Guest glastofever

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roaming Rotisserie is somewhere in the market area near the circus theatre field, I think. Not exactly sure though, I once spent a couple of hours trying to find it.

Only those who truly persevere (or stumble upon it by accident) are rewarded with its awesome chickeny goodness.

It was opposite what was until this year Bourbon Street in the market area, about one junction down towards the Railway from Williams Green (I think thats right, but it was opposite Bourbon Street). Delicious, my breakfast of choice actually! A chocolate spread and flamed marshmallow crumpet with a shot of Bourbon (Hopefully Bourbon street comes back in another guise!

Just found their facebook page

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/The-Roaming-Rotisserie/127946557221975

As StoneCircle mentioned, they say in the comments to their glasto post that they're moving to a new food court this year (near the entrance!?! - whatever that means), and there is an emphasis from the festival for better food.

Bonus, Roaming Rotisserie will be back, and info on the new food area, from email reply to me

Yes James, we'll be there again, glad you liked us last time. Hope you can find us, apparently we're near the meeting point this year in a semi circle of better quality caterers. Unfortunatley we can't afford to do Latitude, the pitch fees are crazy!

See you at Glasto,

Jon

The superb curried goat stall near Pieminister/Brothers wasn't there in 2011, although there was a very similar one at the Isle of Wight last year so hopes are high for 2013.

I'd also recommend the Philipino stall for a curry and obviously everything around West Holts field.

I usually have at least one curry a day at Glastonbury, two at weekends :)

My vote would probably go to the mezze stall up in the Park, with honourable mentions to No Bones Jones, the Native American stall somewhere near West Holts and a Moroccan tagine stall near the Other Stage. Never tried it at Glastonbury due to misplaced Bristolian loyalty to Pieminister, but had a divine pie, chips and red wine and rosemary gravy from the Battersea Pie Company at Bestival last year that will have me seeking them out if it turns cold at Worthy Farm!

If the Thali Cafe stall actually did a Thali, as at their restaurants, instead of just a single curry (as lovely as it is) then that would win hands-down.

There is a place called the Dorset Smokery (or something similar) which does amazing wraps with smoked chicken/salmon/peppers etc which they smoke on site. Flippin' lovely. Can't exactly remember we're it is though.... Somewhere near the West Holts. I try and get here at least once during the festival.