What do you recon the best place to eat on site is

Guest glastofever

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like we need some kind of food planner thing to carry about with the line-up. I hear all these great places and then completely forget about them (or where they are) when I get there. Would be great to be able to look down at a list of recommendations organised by stage/area. Then, if I'm hungry after watching someone at say the Other stage I'll know what's best round there and can head to it. Horribly organised I know but I reckon I'd appreciate this more than clashfinder!

I feel like we need some kind of food planner thing to carry about with the line-up. I hear all these great places and then completely forget about them (or where they are) when I get there. Would be great to be able to look down at a list of recommendations organised by stage/area. Then, if I'm hungry after watching someone at say the Other stage I'll know what's best round there and can head to it. Horribly organised I know but I reckon I'd appreciate this more than clashfinder!

Great idea - now if only the bloody stalls all stayed in the same place each year.....

I reckon you'd need a live-updating food-bloggy mobile app.... which of course would be useless after the first couple of days as people's mobiles die and the data network goes down... oops.

Fair point about moving around but we do know that some really don't budge e.g. La Grande Bouffe and through people's work on this thread we've already found out where the Roaming Rotisserie is going to be (new food court area). It won't be perfect but it's worth a shot I think.

Edited by StoneCircle

Did you miss all the people salivating over lamb and chicken?

I'm in London, thought you could get most condiments in the big city but this Hendersons lark is news to me. Perhaps they were keeping it from us on purpose.

I started my own in 2010 as we had 3 Glasto Virgins with us, meant to update it after 2011 but managed to lose the sheet of paper! I cut this to size after printing and stick in the lanyard you are given. Hope you find it useful, be aware places may have moved or are not there this year Bon Appetit! :)

Edited by cerv

Pizza to the People, just awesome. Thali Cafe, one of the nicest chicken curry's I've ever had. I ate at the one in The Park - I think the one in the Greenfields is vegetarian only? My son always makes a bee line for the stall selling Buffalo burgers. I can't remember where that is, I think down in the main market areas somewhere. I like a late night toastie from the toastie van near the kids field - it provides valuable fuel for the trudge back to the camper!

Does anyone know what happened to The Garlic Kitchen? I've not seen it for a few years now..

Edited by h00v3r