Glastonbury Eve

Guest antbfc

Leave Dublin on the Monday & stay with relatives in Milton Keynes that night. Next morning off to Windsor for a few hours sightseeing then make our way to Castle Cary where we're staying on Tuesday night. Will stop off at Stonehenge on the way as I've always wanted to see it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually staying somewhere nearby - last couple of years has involved staying at the campsite just down from the site and spending a 'few' hours in the Apple Tree Inn...hic...

This year though we're taking our camper for the first time so will be spending it in West Campervan field having a bbq and feeling oh so very excited!

What always happens though wherever I am is no sleep due to a mixture of nerves and excitement!

That theres no place that serves a late bevv in or around Glastonbury town is a farce btw. The Rifes wouldnt give us a drink past 10.30 one year. "Just shit."

Also getting a plate of food late-doors in that 'king town is another 'mare.

Leave Dublin on the Monday & stay with relatives in Milton Keynes that night. Next morning off to Windsor for a few hours sightseeing then make our way to Castle Cary where we're staying on Tuesday night. Will stop off at Stonehenge on the way as I've always wanted to see it.

Holiday Inn (or is it Premier Inn?) Glastonbury for me this year. It was the premier inn Bridgwater last time which was a bit of a nightmare really as I'd had loads of caffeine to keep me going on the journey down and mixed with the excitement I couldn't sleep for hours. No caffeine, proper food on the way down and a beer or two to chill me out when I get there (though I doubt I'll be able to buy one at the time we get there)

That theres no place that serves a late bevv in or around Glastonbury town is a farce btw. The Rifes wouldnt give us a drink past 10.30 one year. "Just shit."

Also getting a plate of food late-doors in that 'king town is another 'mare.

My first time but going from past festival eves it'll be:

Sticking on youtube/spotify playlist of the bands we're going to see

Putting some fake tan on

Painting my nails a nice dark vampy colour to hide the festival grime

Laying all my stuff out all over the spare room and organizing sets of clean clothes into individual plastic bags

Packing everything up

Checking my list, twice!

Wee beer once the bags are packed

Bed to lie open-eyed for a few hours.

I'm a little giddy just thinking about this!