Glastonbury Eve

Guest antbfc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stories

we are taking a camper this year but some of our group had to get a ticket + coach (on thurs), which is fine however we are all going to go together and follow their coach as it leaves at 5.30am

im hoping to test the camper out the night before infront of my house, haha

As chronic procrastinator I'll probably lounge around till about 10pm and then dash around the flat for a few hours swearing and trying to find the things I want to pack, before going to bed at a sufficiently late hour to ensure that I'm absolutely knackerd all of Wednesday.

Normally in West Campervan fields having a BBQ and a beer. Had to sell the VW (son going to Uni) today so well gutted but still going, but on my own this year so my wife booked me worthy view as a surprise. Will be Like a little kid on the Tuesday night . Up early and get on site Wednesday for middayish then off to the cider bus to get on it for 5 days!

Last two festivals I've desperately been trying to get my car through it's MOT.

After changing my car this year I won't have that worry. But... I found out this week that I have to be in our Northampton office Monday an Tuesday.

Now deciding wether to:

A) Drive back up to Merseyside Tuesday evening and to head down that night

B) Drive back up and head down Wednesday

morning

C) Stay in Northampton Tuesday night, cut accross country Wednesday morning and meet up with mates in a service station somewhere

D) Same as C but meet up Tuesda night

E) No sauce at all

Working on the tuesday, then coming home, packing, loading car, heading off at about 9, grabbing somthing to eat on the way, arriving in the car park god knows what time. The sense of relief the moment i turn the engine off is unbelivable.

A bit of a tradition at ours, my brother and sister come down from London, we all run about excitedly before heading to Tesco the night before for last minute bits and the booze run... on return we decant all spirits into the plastic bottles we have collected over the last few weeks, test out a few spirit combos, pack the bits that can be packed into the car in advance, then have a take away - whilst double checking we have all the tickets, clash finders, and car parking passes...

sleep for a bit, then head to the "meeting point" at around 5am ish where we meet the convoy and start our journey...

Tuesday night- pack, bed ready for work on Wednesday.

Wednesday nigjt- ditto !

Thursday- more work then leave at 4 and finally get to Worthy around 6.30! Thank heaven my tent will be

put up for me :-) Then it's catch up for the rest of the night!

We're in a camper and this year we're heading down south at some point over the weekend with some mates that are coming with us to Glastonbury. We'll camp somewhere nearish and then head on over Tuesday afternoon, set up and spend that night celebrating arriving with no break downs over a few beers and a BBQ.

This is my Tuesday:

Dye my hair red or purple or pink

Tidy up manically before people arrive

Make oat and chocolate cookies for weekend sustenance

Run around manically looking for shelter, sun cream, plasters etc

Have a barbecue with friends and family who are staying with us

If time, watch Dirty Something