Beer Bargain!

Guest titusbungle

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one superb festival purchase, you will see this recommended here a lot but I will re-iterate, is the 3 Litre bag in box Westons Wyld Wood Cider. It used to be called "Organic Vintage" but its the same thing.

If you see it for under £6 its a great price, if its down to £5 buy as many as you can. Proper flat cider and its 7%. probably one of the best festival alcohol choices out there if you have a trolley to carry them.

you my friend need to meet thatchers gold or stowford press. aka the only decent fizzy ciders. Admittedly they arent as cheap or widely available....

you can actually get Brewdog Punk IPA in a can, but good luck finding it at retail price for under £2 per 330ml can : (

shame as it is pure nectar

one superb festival purchase, you will see this recommended here a lot but I will re-iterate, is the 3 Litre bag in box Westons Wyld Wood Cider. It used to be called "Organic Vintage" but its the same thing.

If you see it for under £6 its a great price, if its down to £5 buy as many as you can. Proper flat cider and its 7%. probably one of the best festival alcohol choices out there if you have a trolley to carry them.

Or brew your own cider from sainsburys basics apple juice. Once you know what you're doing it tastes better than any of that strongbow/magners crap, you have fun, and its something like 36p a pint.

Now that is a good shout. I was reading looking into this a couple of weeks ago and am tempted to try it.This was the link I was reading http://paraglider.hubpages.com/hub/how-to-make-cider-without-special-equipment - what do you think of the technique described there?

That technique describes the finished product as having a slight sparkle - I can't bear flat cider so this is a bonus - any thoughts on how to increase the fizziness?