Shangri La Thursday night

Guest slats

On the Wednesday and Thursday I normally just wander around, have a sing song at a wine bar or spend time at the stone circle, so have never tried to venture down to the naughty corner..

Is it completely closed down on the Wednesday and Thursday or are little bits of the area still open for a mooch round?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think almost everything is open this year isnt it. Shangri La, etc were all open last Thursday, although Arcadia wasnt 'fired up' until Friday. This year they are firing Arcadia up on Thursday night as well, so everything will be open I reckon

It didnt seem so last year, the site is so big, and there are still so many bars / live stuff going on all around the site. And loads of people stay at the campsite as well on Thursday - others are still pitching up or havent even arrived by then (not many though)..Although I was clearly worse for wear on Thursday last time, I am sure it was far busier Friday onwards - you had to queue to get in the naughty corner on Friday onwards , but I cannot recall Thursday queuing to get in Shangri La at all. Probably helped by Arcadia not being on on Thursday night, and a lot of people chilling out in places like the Stone Circle on Thursday

... this was posted earlier re Arcadia

They have also been given the honour of kick starting the festival proceedings on Thursday night! Their show will start at 9.30pm so festival goers are encouraged to arrive nice and early to the sound field and ensure the ultimate Arcadia experience.

On the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, the 'Arcadia Spectacular' showcase will explode from midnight, after The Other Stage finishes and treat the Glastonbury crowds to three solid hours of unadulterated, out-of-this-world fire shows and bass pounding DJs. Arcadia will also host performances from a selection their international collaborators; element manipulators The Lords of Lightning and the thrilling display of the ultimate in fire art - the amazing (seriously) Fire Tornado.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130305f.shtml

Snake Pit is pretty cool.

futuristic, very sexualised, poll dancers, rubber, that kind of thing (if I remember correctly, which I hope, because its going to be weird if I got that wrong)