Map changes

Guest siblin

No Blazing Saddles - the stage by exit C now has the Astrolabe cabaret tent where it used to be.

I never understood why it was so prominently timetabled in the program and yet never had anything of note, not least an audience. I would wander past there and always feel sorry for some samba band giving it their all to a crowd of three.

Can I ask a very dense question as I wasnt there in 2011. Can you not now move down from the craft field, past the lovely empty long drops and a bit of crew camping into the strummerville/diner area? With the new system is that bit completely closed off?

Thats one of my favourite parts of the site as in the evening the craft field is full of smoke and solar lights and then you drop down into strummerville and its all good.

Can I ask a very dense question as I wasnt there in 2011. Can you not now move down from the craft field, past the lovely empty long drops and a bit of crew camping into the strummerville/diner area? With the new system is that bit completely closed off?

Thats one of my favourite parts of the site as in the evening the craft field is full of smoke and solar lights and then you drop down into strummerville and its all good.

it is still marked as a path on the map, so maybe it is still open during the daytime. at night time in 2011 it wasn't though, which gave me a bloody long walk from the craft fields down to the queue entrance by Gate C just to get back up to the field next to the one i set off from. i wasn't impressed!

I went to a few gigs in Strummerville n 2011... whether or not you could get in via the Greenfields 'back entrance' really seemed to depend on the time of day and whether or not the one security guy who'd 'guard' the path turned up on time or was needed more elsewhere.

A couple of other changes:

- Lots of other campsite stewards bases, as has already been mentioned - but most interesting of all is the one that has been added to Dragon Field. Which makes me wonder - even though it's marked performers' camping will a small section end up being public in reality? I seem to remember that being the case in either 10 or 11.

- 'Medical Centre' at the bottom of Park Home is now just a 'Minor Injuries Unit'

- 'First Aid Point' by Williams Green

- Pharmacy marked by Williams Green

I went to a few gigs in Strummerville n 2011... whether or not you could get in via the Greenfields 'back entrance' really seemed to depend on the time of day and whether or not the one security guy who'd 'guard' the path turned up on time or was needed more elsewhere.

A couple of other changes:

- Lots of other campsite stewards bases, as has already been mentioned - but most interesting of all is the one that has been added to Dragon Field. Which makes me wonder - even though it's marked performers' camping will a small section end up being public in reality? I seem to remember that being the case in either 10 or 11.

- 'Medical Centre' at the bottom of Park Home is now just a 'Minor Injuries Unit'

- 'First Aid Point' by Williams Green

- Pharmacy marked by Williams Green

The medical centre at Park is just a minor injuries unit with the more serious cases going up to the main first aid centre at the top of the site so nothing to worry about there.