Rammstein

Guest 504329lt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Pearl Jam's fault, but it might be said to be a fault of the music &/or rock/metal scene. Cos the facts get to show that incidents like this happen on a more regular basis around rock/metal bands than they do for other 'scenes'.

Even if a similar incident is far less likely to happen today because of increased safety measures having been put in place over the last decade or so, I reckon it'd be someone pretty heartless to criticise Michael over his decision to in-general swerve the bigger rock/metal acts - because which of us wants to have deaths on our hands for our direct choices if the worst should happen?

Yeah it's definitely understandable from Eavis's perspective, nobody wants blood on their hands. It does seem that Glastonbury does actively avoid some bands whilst others are fine though (QOTSA for example). I just don't really see the distinction between them and Pearl Jam (other than musical quality of course :lol:), it could just have easily been the same outcome if QOTSA were placed in that position at Roskilde.

you do hear about a lot of bands offering to play in lesser slots / money than they'd usually play in order to get on the Glastonbury bill (Chili Peppers offering to play for free, Linkin Park offering to play in a lower slot, Metallica desperate to play etc) so i'm sure if Eavis one day decided to book acts of that kind more often then he'd have a bunch of acts jumping at the occasion. not that i want Linkin Park or Chili Peppers at Glastonbury, but clearly it means a lot to bands not necessarily associated with it so they should at least be given a shot at playing

Rammstein are not totally my bag but saw them at rock am ring once and it was superb. However because of all the festivals in all the years in all the countries, despite great improvements in safety and crowd control one awful incident happened eavis won't book anything more rowdy than a celebrity bbc rock band like qotsa. Narrow minded is what it is

Would Love Rammstein to play, more likly that Metallica would headline one year, bring in an orchestra and lets get some S&M esc tunes on the go!

The difference there is surely in what position a band is willing to accept? Could Rammstein maybe play if they accepted a headline slot on the other stage for instance? I don't know how likely it is..but I'd say Glasto could do something like that.

Would Love Rammstein to play, more likly that Metallica would headline one year, bring in an orchestra and lets get some S&M esc tunes on the go!

Rammstein headlining Other could work rather well

The Crowd control issues have mainly been solved, with the addition of the crush barrier as well as careful planning for other acts to play the same time to draw people away from the pyramid, the Roskilde incident wasn't just the band, the weather and other things were a factor,

Things I know about Rammstein:

1. They're the best live band I've ever seen.

2. Their entire set is in German.

3. They like burning shit.

4. This live is mind blowing:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=1VDyMwQOCbY

5. It won't be headlining that stops them. It took Andy Copping years to get them for Download for one reason only. They won't play without fire.

I'm slightly drunk, yay for still be able to counting to 5.

Things I know about Rammstein:

1. They're the best live band I've ever seen.

2. Their entire set is in German.

3. They like burning shit.

4. This live is mind blowing:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=1VDyMwQOCbY

5. It won't be headlining that stops them. It took Andy Copping years to get them for Download for one reason only. They won't play without fire.

I'm slightly drunk, yay for still be able to counting to 5.

• 10 years later...

Rammstein are getting nowhere near the farm for now… Although it looks like Till will be exonerated, Lynn has clarified that he never touched her and the Vilnius charges have been dropped already, there is still the Berlin investigation. 

Having said that, I was very surprised to hear Deutschland being belted out at the Pyramid between sets. 

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Rammstein are getting nowhere near the farm for now… Although it looks like Till will be exonerated, Lynn has clarified that he never touched her and the Vilnius charges have been dropped already, there is still the Berlin investigation. 

Having said that, I was very surprised to hear Deutschland being belted out at the Pyramid between sets. 

Really liked that actually. 

Coming to the Truth Stage Thursday night in Shangri La, 2024.

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Oh god, that would be absolutely insane . . . . 

realistically, with their stage set up, the closed sides of the pyramid might not suit their theatrics too well. The Other might be more suitable. But they're legit massive and i know im hugely biased, but with how famous their live show is and with Glastonbury now being more open minded to heavier bands, i don't think its impossible that Rammstein might get the nod one of these years. It does tick off a little on the diversity, as they sing almost exclusively in german . . . actually if we call them world music, does that mean West Holts might suit them? 😄

11 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Oh god, that would be absolutely insane . . . . 

realistically, with their stage set up, the closed sides of the pyramid might not suit their theatrics too well. The Other might be more suitable. But they're legit massive and i know im hugely biased, but with how famous their live show is and with Glastonbury now being more open minded to heavier bands, i don't think its impossible that Rammstein might get the nod one of these years. It does tick off a little on the diversity, as they sing almost exclusively in german . . . actually if we call them world music, does that mean West Holts might suit them? 😄

You guys do realise there's now over 100 different girls that have come forward online with allegations over this row zero experience right? 

I loved their show as much as you guys, but unless all of this turns out to be bollocks, I can't see them getting anywhere near the farm. 

Honestly I don't know what to believe, but I'm certainly not about to call 'liar liar' when people make allegations like this, we'll have to see what the investigations pull up. And I suspect Glastonbury would not book them unless they were completely cleared too...