2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

Yes, because they split before a lot of people got a chance to see them. They only have one album anyway, and once you've experienced that, with the absolutely shite vocals that are provided (which most Roses fans would acknowledge), it's an experience that even many Roses fans would agree, doesn't need repeating.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see them again even with the weakest link vocals. I saw them in Dublin last year and booked tickets for Belfast as soon as I got home that night as once wasn't enough for me. I am a huge roses fan though and I probably consider them the best band ever (though JAMC are my favourite band ever) and so agree once could be enough for many people

Cant see Elbow back and subbing again so soon.

Kasabian

Fleetwood Mac

Elbow

sounds about right.

So many subs possible. I wouldnt be suprised at someone like NGHGB being a sub for Kasabian and Kylie (apparently a new album?) Does sound feasible for Fleetwood Mac.

People like Ed Sheeran, Example, HAIM, The 1975, Miles Kane, Lilly Allen will all apear no doubt on the pyramid stage

Is Elbow back in 2011 and 2014 much different to Dizzee playing 2010 and 13?

I'm willing to say they won't be the 3 headliners - I have no credible information for that but I stand by what I always have - one will headline T as well and unless they have Kasabian back stupidly early (2 years if even silly for T) then I don't see it. I think if you like Elbow - they are perfect for the sunset slot.

Is Elbow back in 2011 and 2014 much different to Dizzee playing 2010 and 13?

I'm willing to say they won't be the 3 headliners - I have no credible information for that but I stand by what I always have - one will headline T as well and unless they have Kasabian back stupidly early (2 years if even silly for T) then I don't see it. I think if you like Elbow - they are perfect for the sunset slot.

The point is that there could easily come a year, feasibly next year given the rumours, that Glastonbury books three headliners that T aren't interested in. You know what would happen? T would book someone else. The Eavii would not go 'OH MY GOD, we've got three different headliners to T! Rip up all the plans, chuck Fleetwood Mac out and get Kasabian!' And vice versa for the T organisers. This is what you seem to think is the case.

As I've said to will MANY times there is way more evidence pointing to it happening than not and while it may be well overkill, if Kasabian were booked for T again with a new album and Glasto have them, my point will be proven even moreso.

The whole if such and such wants such as such can be argued all you want. T and Glasto share a headliner unless Glasto is not on, check the history, check the proof - this happens. You can use but if this happened they won't - you can't use it to back up any year anywhere close to recent though. Like this year, Mumford & Sons when it got to a point were always going to headline that Sunday. They are within a week and a half of each other, one is for coverage etc and one is for the payday.

I did actually forget that Kasabian did only the two year gap headline there, but I'd not expect even based on that the same two years later but if it happens where's your I've tried to say this way too many times statement going to hold up? - it won't as it never has

yes you have but my reason for it still happening that way stands out way over yours for it not, as I've gone into MANY times.

Edited by Will-2609

The point is that there could easily come a year, feasibly next year given the rumours, that Glastonbury books three headliners that T aren't interested in. You know what would happen? T would book someone else. The Eavii would not go 'OH MY GOD, we've got three different headliners to T! Rip up all the plans, chuck Fleetwood Mac out and get Kasabian!' And vice versa for the T organisers. This is what you seem to think is the case.

Was thinking something like this:

Friday

Pyramid Stage

Depeche Mode

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

Jack White

Tinie Tempah

Babyshambles

The Other Stage

The Black Keys

The National

Saturday

Pyramid Stage

Fleetwood Mac

Elbow

Manic Street Preachers

Jessie J

Frank Turner

The Other Stage

Pixies

Franz Ferdinand

Sunday

Pyramid Stage

Arcade Fire

Florence + The Machine

Ed Sheeran

Kaiser Chiefs

Laura Marling

The Other Stage

Massive Attack

Jake Bugg

Elbow have a 'big announcement' tomorrow.

I'm assuming it's a new album. Although it could be tour dates, which could firstly give us an idea as to whether there's any Glasto-shaped holes involved, or secondly give us an idea as to whether they'd headline (if they're headlining other major European festivals etc.)