2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PJ Harvey would have been great in the 90's agreed but not now really, i think she's lost it a bit after the last two albums, but having said that i did like let England shake but it's not really an album designed for large arenas, i prefer her earler rockier stuff.

Edited by ghandi

I saw Madonna on that tour and quite enjoyed it, but she got the setlist badly, badly wrong - a decent production of often average material. If she played the hits she'd be a pretty damn decent headliner.

And - it must be said - far more in sync with demographics at the G than the likes of Rihanna or Gaga. Like it or not, she's a legend and has the longevity, the catalogue and the experience to do it.

Even as someone who's not particularly a fan, The Immaculate Collection is a great album. The chances of her banging that out well, while also doing a doing a convincing Stones-style job of conveying a vague interest in her surroundings, on the Pyramid have to be minimal though.

She would Easily fill out the Pyramid, the demographic has changed a lot, she has a massive back catalogue, is one of those " Legends" in popular music that has yet to headline plus she would put on a good show , so why not. As the NAL has said i'd be elsewhere.

That's cos the music industry seems convinced that any female singer who gets slightly popular needs to be "sexed up" and have their actually pretty good voice put through autotune all set to shit music of a "superstart producer".

PJ didn't need the music biz to do that for her, she seemed pretty good at doing it herself. ;)