The I have had a cry since i got home thread

Guest matthewsdad1968

Totally. Had a proper little weep in the bath all on my ownsome and utter silence for the first time in a week

Worthy FM are incredibly evil for playing Roads from Portishead as we were driving off site - instantly blind with tears and unfit to drive! Never changed away from that station before it cuts out before

Real life IS like Glasto - it's the fucked up adult world outside that's not real - the world of pretence and competing for scraps of paper to buy crap you've been told you need but you know you don't while everyone treads on each other to get more scraps

It's no utopia, but it's a Damn sight closer to community and humanity than back out here where people will actually judge your worth based on your shoes

Real life IS like Glasto - it's the fucked up adult world outside that's not real - the world of pretence and competing for scraps of paper to buy crap you've been told you need but you know you don't while everyone treads on each other to get more scraps

It's no utopia, but it's a Damn sight closer to community and humanity than back out here where people will actually judge your worth based on your shoes

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson Monkey

I went to watch Before Midnight at the cinema yesterday. As the sun was setting over the Greek coastline, Julie Delphy was saying in a way rather symbolic to her relationship with Ethan Hawke in the film, 'It's still there, it's still there... it's gone' and I started crying.

Also, I was really enjoying the film but right near the end the projector broke and everything stopped working. It felt like an extremely apt metaphor for my situation at the time!

Edited by Homer

Had a tear during watching the Arctic Monkeys set back on skyplus. It took me back to Friday night, seeing my favourite band sing Mardy Bum with all the strings, I was high on MDMA with all my best mates and at that moment I knew there was nowhere else in the world I would want to be. When I was there it felt warm, magical and fantastic.

This was my 14th festival and the best one I've been to by far.

• 2 weeks later...