Elbow to headline in 2014

Guest ninetyeightytwo

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise you were in a minority of people who thought the Stones' gig wasn't a resounding success right? Have a look through the responses on this forum, which wouldn't be liable to be biased towards the Stones.

The Stones absolutely smashed the place, I think Elbow are a worthy headliner even though I'm not sure I'd see them even if I was going. Far more so than Mumfords.

Whoa!!!! My comment was not anything detrimental to the Stones. Just because I said I didn't think them worth watching (from where I was, cos there was no experience to be had of the band as far as I was concerned) doesn't get to mean that anywhere I've said they were shit or even mildly substandard.

You do realise that comments and opinions that don't 100% match your own are allowed, right.

I know the opinion of the stones was that they were great, but even some of their biggest fans have posted on these forums to say that it didn't reach the heights of some other performances over the years. However good it might have been, I've not seen one comment that suggest it was any sort of outstanding 'Glastonbury moment', it was only a great band being great.

That's where the difference is likely to be. Elbow have brought that 'moment' more than once to their Glastonbury performances. I don't doubt that they'll do it again.

Edited by eFestivals

Honestly... for the first time in years for a festival headliner I simply couldn't give a shit. It could be Kasabian, Elbow and Killers for all I care; and a Pyramid stage undercard that matches even your worst V festival; and I'll probably be off somewhere else watching Soundgarden or Horace Andy clashing with Orbital or Paco De Lucia having a whale of a time.

Whoa!!!! My comment was not anything detrimental to the Stones. Just because I said I didn't think them worth watching (from where I was, cos there was no experience to be had of the band as far as I was concerned) doesn't get to mean that anywhere I've said they were shit or even mildly substandard.

You do realise that comments and opinions that don't 100% match your own are allowed, right.

I know the opinion of the stones was that they were great, but even some of their biggest fans have posted on these forums to say that it didn't reach the heights of some other performances over the years. However good it might have been, I've not seen one comment that suggest it was any sort of outstanding 'Glastonbury moment', it was only a great band being great.

That's where the difference is likely to be. Elbow have brought that 'moment' more than once to their Glastonbury performances. I don't doubt that they'll do it again.

When did I suggest that your opinions weren't allowed?

when you made up an opinion for me which was not something I'd ever expressed. ;)

It is actually possible for a band to be better than the stones @ Glastonbury, and I fully expect Elbow in 2014 to be one of those bands (because they've managed to be that before). Get used to it. :)

Thank you so much you have made my day. Saw them again at the o2 last year and in 2011 at Glasto and they were fantastic and certainly knew how to work the crowd.

Edited by matthewsdad1968