• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• A Guy Called Matt

• Woffy

Not that exciting really.

I used to be a DJ in the 80's and early 90's and worked on the boats on the River Thames.

Many interesting things occured and one night a live band were playing - who were called Soul II Soul. I thought they were quite good so sorted some of their 12" the next day..... a couple of months later they hit the big time.

Pat Sharp is a git though!!!

I also DJ'd a night with Showwaddy waddy!!!!

Bump this NFR NFC:

1. First popular music (as opposed to nursery rhyme type thing) song you EVER remember hearing...like on the radio...a parent playing it, etc?

2. First record / CD / whatever you bought..as in went into Our Price (example) and bought it yourself?

3. First album, if different from the above, you bought?

4. First song you kissed to?...whether or not it was your first kiss...you remember...yes you do!

5. Favourite Ginger, famous or otherwise?

6. First gig.

No fibs now!

Back in the day, My older brother bought my younger brother a Shawaddywaddy album for Xmas, which was put in a see through bag when he bought it - he promptly made ME carry it down the street because as a long haired metal head he couldn't face the embarrassment of being caught with it in his possession.

Seeing as u all like talking to each other I feel like I should PLUG this stuff here

/topic/185959-in-1-week-5-days-time-you-will-be/">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/185959-in-1-week-5-days-time-you-will-be/

Because like it's the most realest and awesome social experience outside of getting pissed in a field.

Bump this NFR NFC:

1. First popular music (as opposed to nursery rhyme type thing) song you EVER remember hearing...like on the radio...a parent playing it, etc?

2. First record / CD / whatever you bought..as in went into Our Price (example) and bought it yourself?

4. First song you kissed to?...whether or not it was your first kiss...you remember...yes you do!

6. First gig.

No fibs now!

Back in the day, My older brother bought my younger brother a Shawaddywaddy album for Xmas, which was put in a see through bag when he bought it - he promptly made ME carry it down the street because as a long haired metal head he couldn't face the embarrassment of being caught with it in his possession.

Doh - already done the gig!!!

1) My Dad was singer and guitarist ina band - the song that sticks in my head is Yellow River.

2) First one bought - as above cannot remember but might have been the Boomtown Rats.

3) Same as in 2)

4) I don't remember. Really I don't!!

5) Joint winners - HMV and Lucy G (yes I am a coward)

6) Proper gig - AC/DC hammy Odeon 1982. Freebie Fetcham Riverside Club, some punk band.around 1981 ish

Bump this NFR NFC:

6. First gig.

No fibs now!

Bump this NFR NFC:

Abba - Arrival, 10cc Deceptive Bends. 2 cassettes my folks had for car journeys

The Beatles White Album

Hello Lionel Richie. I went on to marry her, my first wife.

Sorry NFRNFCers, it's Susan Sarandon *sigh*

6. First gig.

Hmmm, not sure. I didn't really go to gigs till late on, so I'll say Bob Dylan, London 1988

No fibs now!

1. Waterloo by Abba

2. first record - single was "Mr Blue Skies" ELO

3. album was "Agents of fortune" Blue Oyster Cult

4." I'm not in love" 10cc

5. Stones Ginger Wine (with brandy)

6. It was either P.I.L or David Bowie on his serious moonlight tour - can't remember which came first.