Things you'll do differently next year?

Guest markeee

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find a little disco nap in a field somewhere takes the edge off my tired, and I'm good for another few hours. A proper kip in the afternoon just makes me feel dazed though. As for different next year, get there on Tuesday, more time at West Holts, more bimbling, start drinking a bit later in the day (11am is probably too early on reflection)

I actually plan to take less alcohol because I didn't drink it all, but got horribly drunk Friday night so was horribly hungover on Saturday - never again!

I want to spend more time in the Greenfields, I did in 7/8/9/10 but 11 & 13 I didn't seem to get up there as much.

I also won't be wasting hours meeting people when they arrive so they can camp with us - sounds mean but I wasted a lot of time Thursday and then hardly saw them!

I always find a little disco nap in a field somewhere takes the edge off my tired, and I'm good for another few hours. A proper kip in the afternoon just makes me feel dazed though. As for different next year, get there on Tuesday, more time at West Holts, more bimbling, start drinking a bit later in the day (11am is probably too early on reflection)

I actually plan to take less alcohol because I didn't drink it all, but got horribly drunk Friday night so was horribly hungover on Saturday - never again!

I want to spend more time in the Greenfields, I did in 7/8/9/10 but 11 & 13 I didn't seem to get up there as much.

I also won't be wasting hours meeting people when they arrive so they can camp with us - sounds mean but I wasted a lot of time Thursday and then hardly saw them!

This year was my best yet, but still a few things to change for next year..

- No trains! Either bus both ways, or go back to driving

- No camp chairs..only took them to use at the tent, used them once. Wasn't worth the extra weight/bulk

- Don't make silly mistakes in the process of getting tickets and book flights much earlier

- Pretty happy with the amount of staying out late/daytime stuff I did, but I'd still like to perfect the art of getting enough rest. The nap I had to take in the sun, on the way back to the tent after staying out all night, then going to the Rabbit Hole for Beans on Toast did leave me with pretty brutal sunburn on my ears and neck..don't want a repeat of that

This year was my best yet, but still a few things to change for next year..

- No trains! Either bus both ways, or go back to driving

- No camp chairs..only took them to use at the tent, used them once. Wasn't worth the extra weight/bulk

- Don't make silly mistakes in the process of getting tickets and book flights much earlier

- Pretty happy with the amount of staying out late/daytime stuff I did, but I'd still like to perfect the art of getting enough rest. The nap I had to take in the sun, on the way back to the tent after staying out all night, then going to the Rabbit Hole for Beans on Toast did leave me with pretty brutal sunburn on my ears and neck..don't want a repeat of that

I'm going to smoke less cheese in the day time, found it hard to keep moving between stages, which resulted in staying at JP a lot, which didn't bother me at the time but kinda wish I'd explored more.

Probably won't go to Silver Hayes on Thursday night, was far too busy this year, was horrible trying to get into the igloo shaped bar.

I've been twice now and still never made it to Shangri-la, making sure that changes next time!

I'll be brave enough to try the Goan fish curry. Never had the courage before. Love curry but I'm just wary of the fact it is fish (don't get me wrong i love fish but a field in Somerset isn't near the sea) and that the loos aren't great if fish is off!!

I'll be brave enough to try the Goan fish curry. Never had the courage before. Love curry but I'm just wary of the fact it is fish (don't get me wrong i love fish but a field in Somerset isn't near the sea) and that the loos aren't great if fish is off!!

Edited by Thearg