Festival Medical Services

Guest crazyfool1

Hi there I would just like to say a massive thanks to Festival Medical Services for their help in treating me and getting me discharged to my local hospital . I got an infection in my leg on entry which over the course of the festival got worse and during the Rolling Stones prevented me from standing we went to the medical centre by the farm . After several days on antibiotic drips the infection has gone down and im home at last . Just like to say thanks as I know this is a voluntary service if anyone reading this works for them could they pass on my thanks

Man in a crazy suit ( Alex )

I'll happily pass your thanks on through my co-ordinator. Just for interest Preliminary figures show we had over 4,000 people through the med centres doors and only 40 (2 of which were mother and new daughter!)had to be forwarded on to off site hospitals for further care everyone else was treated on site and able to get back to the festival!

I'll happily pass your thanks on through my co-ordinator. Just for interest Preliminary figures show we had over 4,000 people through the med centres doors and only 40 (2 of which were mother and new daughter!)had to be forwarded on to off site hospitals for further care everyone else was treated on site and able to get back to the festival!

As another medic who worked for FMS thank you very much and thank you all the public that made my shifts so good. Every one i met and treated were so grateful. See you all next year

I had some great service from the medical cabin at the greenfield entrance in 2007 when severe chaffing of my calfs (due to much exuberant dancing in too tight wellies! :D) was becoming very painful and also starting to become infected.

Sorted me out even though I thought it was only a minor complaint. They're there to help and are probably underused - the medic that treated me said they'd only seen a handful of people that year despite the trench-like conditions.

Edited by Craigston

I would also like to give a BIG thank you to the medical services. Whilst eating lunch on Friday my crown fell out. A short walk up the hill and a donation to the dentist and it was glued back in. All done within 2hrs of it falling out !!

Never would have got such good quick service back home.

Thank you.