Latitude 2014

Gingerbond

Are portishead a headliner of a 40k festival? Sell enough tickets?

I'd say they're more of a draw than Paulo Nutini and The National were 2 years ago, and roughly equal to Suede, so if we go by 2011 standards, they're in with a shot.

Disclaimer: the post you have just read may contain the views of a man with a very poor track record of guessing the popularity of musical acts.

I'd say they're more of a draw than Paulo Nutini and The National were 2 years ago, and roughly equal to Suede, so if we go by 2011 standards, they're in with a shot.

Disclaimer: the post you have just read may contain the views of a man with a very poor track record of guessing the popularity of musical acts.

I'm a massive portishead fan, in my top 5 bands of all time just unsure if they are a headliner for a fest the size of this fest. Edited by thetime

I'm a massive portishead fan, in my top 5 bands of all time just unsure if they are a headliner for a fest the size of this fest.

Well Latitude has quite a big slice of its punters aged 25-35, I reckon Portishead are really quite popular among that kind of demographic (judging by the fact that everybody I work with fits in this bracket, none of them have particularly alternative tastes, and were all offended by the fact I passed up on the opportunity to see them at Glastonbury), TDCC could reel the yoofs in, but Latitude have way more competition for that crowd than some older punters, so somebody is needed to woo a 25+ crowd.

Good job you put that, cos there's not a chance they're bigger draws than Nutini was then. He was just about the biggest ticket shifter going at that time.

Have Portishead been announced for anything next summer? If not, my guess is that they won't be touring. They're not exactly the most active band going.

Good job you put that, cos there's not a chance they're bigger draws than Nutini was then. He was just about the biggest ticket shifter going at that time.

Have Portishead been announced for anything next summer? If not, my guess is that they won't be touring. They're not exactly the most active band going.

They're rumoured to be bringing a new album out next year because, well, they said they were working on one. I don't suppose they'd be announced for much yet as they played most of the early summer fests that are announcing anyway. I think it could happen.

Weezer, however, I don't think could happen.

They're rumoured to be bringing a new album out next year because, well, they said they were working on one. I don't suppose they'd be announced for much yet as they played most of the early summer fests that are announcing anyway. I think it could happen.

Weezer, however, I don't think could happen.

Portishead working on an album and finishing it is something else.

3 albums in 20 years.

• Upvote 1

Seriously? I thought he was one of those shit mellow CDs that they sell in Starbucks and nobody ever buys them, and had a couple of songs on adverts for banks that want to inoffensively sell interest rates to the middle classes.

Seriously? I thought he was one of those shit mellow CDs that they sell in Starbucks and nobody ever buys them, and had a couple of songs on adverts for banks that want to inoffensively sell interest rates to the middle classes.

You're absolutely right apart from the 'nobody ever buys' bit.

I'm new to this Latitude thing but I have two questions:

- When is the rest of the line-up likely to be announced do people think?

- When was it released last year? Seem to remember it being much later?

Considering this as a Glastonbury alternative/addition so curious as to when the whole shebang will be revealed.

Also, does it sell out?

You reckon? I'd have thought they'd be an excellent headliner/sub.

Obviously they're a bit of a risk but they managed to pull off a tour so can't be that bad

I think you have mistaken this forum for the r&l one, it's near the top just below Glastonbury if you need directions.