Latitude 2014

Gingerbond

Are portishead a headliner of a 40k festival? Sell enough tickets?

Hell yes, they would be absolutely perfect for Latitude and would sell loads of tickets, escpecially after their performance this year

their Glasto performance this year was probably the greatest live gig I have ever seen. Perfect in every way, atmosphere, music, great band and exceptional lead singer, and the best visuals I have ever seen at a festival gig. Can't see what could possibly top it

Not sure if it will ever happen, but I for one would buy a ticket on the back of it being announced

Oops sorry! Definitely as an addition ;)

You going? Or is that line-up dependent?

Yeah, I got my ticket the day I got back from this year, I can safely say it was the best festival I've been to so far. I found Latitude and Glastonbury to be a great balance; Glastonbury is a time for getting completely mashed, not remembering most of it and barely coming out of the gates alive on Monday morning, Latitude is for walking around barefoot, being relaxed as you like (and spending a lot of money on good food and booze) and coming out the gates on Monday with a fully charged set of batteries. I don't think I'll make it a regular thing to do both every year, but it was so great this year I couldn't sign up quickly enough for the next.

They're still a fairly good shout for it. At least we now know they're around over the summer.

That'd be fantastic.

The show they're currently touring is Massive Attack vs Adam Curtis, having been to it at MIF earlier this year I can tell you it's anything but fantastic. It's barely a Massive Attack show at all: they don't play any of their own songs bar an unrecognizable cover of Karmacoma, a lot of the vocals are pre-recorded, You hardly get to see them on stage as they're behind screens for the majority of the "performance", they somehow managed to persuade Elizabeth Frazer to make an appearance & what does she do? Whispers on a few dodgy cover versions! It was such a let down, a lot of the crowd were even leaving & complaining about false advertising.

I'm not saying it wasn't an experience to witness, but it's nothing like the brilliant live performances Massive Attack are known for. I also have no idea how it would work at an open air festival, in fact I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I really don't know much about placings at Lattitude but i reckon something like this could maybe be pretty realistic (and i think, pretty solid).

FRIDAY

Two Door Cinema Club
Metronomy
Billy Bragg
MIA
Drenge

Neutral Milk Hotel
Savages
Goat

SATURDAY

Manic Street Preachers
Rokysopp and Robyn
Lorde
Passenger
Booker T Jones

Haim
Warpaint
Phosphorescent

SUNDAY

Portishead
Goldfrapp
Laura Mvula
London Grammar
Anna Calvi

Julian Casablancas
Daughter
Toy

I really don't know much about placings at Lattitude but i reckon something like this could maybe be pretty realistic (and i think, pretty solid).

FRIDAY

Two Door Cinema Club

Metronomy

Billy Bragg

MIA

Drenge

Neutral Milk Hotel

Savages

Goat

SATURDAY

Manic Street Preachers

Rokysopp and Robyn

Lorde

Passenger

Booker T Jones

Haim

Warpaint

Phosphorescent

SUNDAY

Portishead

Goldfrapp

Laura Mvula

London Grammar

Anna Calvi

Julian Casablancas

Daughter

Toy

Clashing Julian and Portishead.... WHYYY!

In general though really awesome with Julian, Portishead, nmh, savages and metronomy being particular highlights.

I'd say sub, or headline the 6music stage?

I dunno. She headlined the Big Chill festival which was roughly the same size as Latitude was it not?

She also rarely performs in the UK either, so there's that as a contributing factor too. I think with a decent sized sub she could headline. (I'm not saying she will.)

• 2 weeks later...