Latitude 2014

Gingerbond

How many acts do you reckon will be announced, could be similar in size to R/L announcement on Tuesday... if so:

Headliner: Portishead

Sub/3rd Down: Neutral Milk Hotel

Radio 6 Headline: Julian Casablancas (or more realistically Kodaline or The 1975)

Maybe Chvrches and Alunageorge for the teen audience

Wolf Alice, Parquet Courts, Lucy Rose as well?

Seems like it could be pretty accurate, only NMH would likely be Radio 6 Stage headliner rather than on the Obelisk, one would imagine, against a newer headliner like The XX.

Have any potential headliners been announced for anywhere in Europe yet? The ones that fit that I can think of The National, Suede, Franz Ferdinand and Pixies but they're not really potential headliners as the first three have headlined recently and Pixies probably won't be headlining both Latitude and Field Day will they? If not, we stand to get a surprise or two I guess.

Edited by dentalplan

I saw her play the Ruby Lounge in Manchester in March, pretty sure there was a guy in the crowd masturbating.... Surprised she's not got much radio play already, Off And On and Your Sister are pretty catchy and radio friendly. I'd imagine that berk from the Inspiral Carpets would deem it fit to play on his insipid XFM show, but I don't listen to it so I can't say whether he does or not.

I was going to go see her in Nottingham tonight but I'm in overdraft so sort of need to cut back on things like that :P She's great though. I listen to the London XFM and she gets a fair bit of drivetime play on that I think (I don't pay a lot of attention to be honest)

Looking forward to the announcement, wonder if they'll do a crossword again :P

Sounds a lot like somewhere else...

Nah, there's something magical about that place that nowhere else could replicate. It doesn't matter if I haven't been to them or experienced anywhere else, I'm completely confident in saying that it's unique and special in a way that noone who hasn't been could appreciate.

How many acts do you reckon will be announced, could be similar in size to R/L announcement on Tuesday... if so:

Headliner: Portishead

Sub/3rd Down: Neutral Milk Hotel

Radio 6 Headline: Julian Casablancas (or more realistically Kodaline or The 1975)

Maybe Chvrches and Alunageorge for the teen audience

Wolf Alice, Parquet Courts, Lucy Rose as well?

I would immediately buy a ticket. No questions asked. And I never buy this early. Never. That's how bloody strong that proposed initial announcement is :P

I reckon Bombay Bicycle Club will be one of the headliners this year prob on an exclusive.

Of all the songs I thought were Bombay Bicycle Club, all but one were Two Door Cinema Club. Are they seriously this big? Genuinely recognise nothing of theirs, yet everything of that similar generation (Alt-J, Vaccines, TDCC etc) I recognise a few.

Of all the songs I thought were Bombay Bicycle Club, all but one were Two Door Cinema Club. Are they seriously this big? Genuinely recognise nothing of theirs, yet everything of that similar generation (Alt-J, Vaccines, TDCC etc) I recognise a few.

Yeah, they played in the same position as The Vaccines last time they were at Reading. Think they've done a couple of Ally Pally dates too.

Personally I think they're the best out of that bunch, both in terms of on record and live performance.

I just.. can't see it. I mean, before the announcement last year, I don't think people would have been too miffed if Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Hot Chip were one of the headliners. In fact, I thought Yeah Yeah Yeahs were pretty odds on with most people here? I just can't see BBC headlining. Maybe I'll be proved wrong next week.

How about the Black Keys as one of the headliners? They're touring Europe in July (Only one date at Open'er announced so far), I doubt they'll play R&L again so soon after subbing in 2012 so they could play a high up slot at T in the Park & headline Latitude. Bombay Bicycle Club would make a pretty decent sub for them too.

The Black Keys, Manic Street Preachers & Portishead would be a decent enough set of (realistic) headliners, book it Melv.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

black keys announced as headliners for a couple of big european festivals, think they could be a touch too big for latitude now??

Possibly, but which "big" UK festival is likely to have them? It would be too soon for R&L, so the only options really are Glastonbury or IOW & I doubt they'd headline either of those just yet (possibly after another successful album.)

My bet is that they'll sub T in the Park (possibly IOW too) & then headline a smaller festival like Latitude or Hop Farm or possibly even be the "special Guests" at Kings of Leon's MK Bowl show.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Possibly, but which "big" UK festival is likely to have them? It would be too soon for R&L, so the only options really are Glastonbury or IOW & I doubt they'd headline either of those just yet (possibly after another successful album.)

My bet is that they'll sub T in the Park (possibly IOW too) & then headline a smaller festival like Latitude or Hop Farm or possibly even be the "special Guests" at Kings of Leon's MK Bowl show.

hope so, be a great headliner for them to get