server downtime

Guest eFestivals

A server upgrade will be taking place within the next week, which will cause the forums and the main part of the efestivals website to be offline for a small number of hours.

During that time you will get a webpage explaining what is going on (including a rough timescale for when things will be back online), but you won't get the normal page you might have been expecting.

I'm current unsure on exact timings for this, but it might well be during Saturday or Sunday daytime that this takes place. I'll post back here with details when I know.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

One of the servers is going to be replaced in the next hour - tho in theory this should not cause any issues for the operation of the forums (fingers crossed).

Whether I go ahead with the next parts of the upgrade process today I don't currently know - it depends what issues are caused by the first part and how long they might take to resolve.

the server has been replaced now.

Because I've got a number of issues to sort out on that server as it stands, I'm going to put off till another day the other work which would cause these forums to be offline for a while.

So that work will probably now happen early next week sometime. I'll post the details here when I

Hi Neil, is this server the same one that is used for the festivals email? I have been unable to log in (or even access the login page) to my festivals email for a couple of days now and wonder if the 2 issues are connected?

I get the following error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /imp/login.php was not found on this server.

Apache Server at webmail.festivals.co.uk Port 80

Thanks!

Abbie

hi Abbie...

Yes, it was that server.

The login page is in a different (exact) place, but can still be accessed via the base URL for accessing the webmail - which is http://webmail.festivals.co.uk

(I've had a few people test the webmail, and it appears to all be working properly).

You'll find that it all looks a bit different, but hopefully you'll find your way around it.

It might be the case (I'm not entirely sure) that any contacts you had in you address book have been lost from within the webmail - but if that's the case I should be able to give you your missing contacts.

If so, please email me at webmaster@efestivals.co.uk about it, and please try to include at least one of the email addresses that would be within those lost contacts (so that I can easily locate your contacts from other peoples).

Hi Neil

I am in the library checking e-mails but i keep getting the message that my session has expired & i have to log in again. I haven't been able to read a message before it logs me out. Is this a problem with the server (or perhaps the library?)

No,it isn't the library (all other sites seem to be fine but it is the underfunded library,so it could be). I will try again tomorrow

Thanks (again) :-)

Zarria

Edited by Zarria

More server changes are being made tomorrow (Saturday 26th Oct), which will require all of efestivals to be offline (except for a holding page) for a period of time.

Hopefully the downtime will be less than 30 minutes.

I can't give an exact time for when this will happen, but it's likely to be at some time during tomorrow morning.

Apologies in advance for the inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Neil, I was wondering if there is any support for the email system? Or is that you?! My settings seem to have changed since the server was upgraded and I'm struggling to change them. I've looked around online to see if I can find the answers, but no joy, so here I am, pestering you again! Sorry!

I just need to know how to change my security settings so that emails aren't being blocked. One sender in particular (my kids school, so kind of important!) has issues - some of their emails come through, others don't. I've checked my settings, spam folder etc. but no luck.

Can you give me some contact details, or if the support is you, how do I go about sorting this out?

Thanks!

Abbie :)