Manics

yehbutnobut

It wasn't the first one I was worried about more the "trust me you will." I get worried sometimes about the lack of subtlety of typed conversations and thought it may be a bit blunt.

Anyway, you're right it is like heroin and as you say about your inability to stay away from here, the vinyl addiction could be one too far.

Back on topic. Got tickets - imagine if they played a normal set and the encore was the whole of the HB for it's anniversary. And you hadn't bought a ticket!!!

(I can dream)

Congrats! If they went on sale today there was no way I could have afforded it anyway.

And yeah, dream on! You'll get Faster if you're lucky and possibly an acoustic Yes. They've got a rubbish new album to promote! ;)

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still play enough to keep this old revolutionary happy normally. A couple off HB, and 4 or 5 off the other two. Plus a couple off EMG.

Doors at 06:00 so could be a long set................ Just saying.

Yes I know really, but I'd love to be able to come on here in March and make you jealous.

Oh I know you would. But the joke's on you because the Manchester gig is a full day 10 days before the London gig giving me plenty of time to get a touted ticket if it miraculously turns out to be amazing :P

Okay, I've let it slip loads of times but now you've seen it I have to correct you - it's 'Into MY Arms' :P

I vastly increased my chances with Cave by going three times though!

I reckon Abel and All The Wine will be on tomorrow not tonight. I can live with it. Just.

Edited by RebeccaD

I know - that's why I know I know it really. Hadn't even realised I'd typed it wrong.

Oh yes - one of the hundreds that has in it the lyrics I'd die for you, I'd cry for you, I'd lie for you or similar.

Quite comparable to Nick really. :ninja:

Be off with you! You're lucky Russy doesn't come in here (except he does).

haha neither of the above.

i live 1 hour from Wolvs and 1hr 39 from Cardiff. and a mates sister lives in Leeds so its killing a few birds with one stone.

and i will be working one of them fingers crossed doing photos.

I did travel to London for the Maida Vale session which was 8 hours round travel for less than an hour performance though.

Slightly different if more than one date in the same city. Not as much expense/commitment as following someone round the country.

Thing is, I would follow him around if I could. But then I probably fit into your 'psycho' definition.

I wonder why...

yeah he flies all around the world! all gigs in new york he goes to without second thought! and yeah i took my boy to a gig this summer and was 60 quid for 'cheap' tickets.

and Rebecca i think this will be a bible heavy tour :sarcastic:

Edited by bigjontour

yeah he flies all around the world! all gigs in new york he goes to without second thought! and yeah i took my boy to a gig this summer and was 60 quid for 'cheap' tickets.

and Rebecca i think this will be a bible heavy tour :sarcastic:

Springsteen is the dullest live performer I've ever seen. I'll never get those three hours of my life back but I was determined to wait to hear a hit.

I hope for both your sakes it is! How gracious of me.

I differ from Scruffy in that he can still buy the albums and pay money to go and see them. I can't.

I only bought the Journal after my mate made me the same deal I made you ages ago. I haven't bought an album since Know Your Enemy, which I'm guessing was your last one giving some of your other posts and that you like Masses against the Classes. And it was a combination of So why so Sad/Ocean Spray and they followed that with Lifeblood which compounded it and made you realise how shit SWSS etc was. That made you stop defending them and then you realised that TIMTTMY was far worse than you ever thought before.

Actually I've just twigged while writing this that Lipstick Traces was after Know your enemy and you saw them then so my logic is unnecessary.

I can't remember when I fell out of love with them exactly. Lipstick Traces was the last album I bought. It was more a gradual process of painful realisation. I never really liked Know Your Enemy to be honest.

where do you live rebecca? if i get press passes ill put your name on the door maybe?

id hate to see a fan stuck?

cant make any promises though.

Ah that's so sweet of you! I'm not really a fan any more though and I sure as hell don't deserve it after all the badmouthing I've done about the Manics on here. If you do, I'd rather you give them to someone who will appreciate it :)

i know someone that went to every Springsteen date in the british isles on last tour, and all bar one of european tour year before - not including festival appearances! he is good live but that is insanity to me!

To be fair Springsteen plays something like 10-15 different songs each night so I can kind of see that. I don't understand when people do it when it's like 1 different each time!

A massive hint, or me clutching at straws?

"there will be songs from the past, the present (rewind the film) and the future (Futurology) and hopefully some scenes from mass celebration. The backwards 'R's are back - the military uniforms are at the dry cleaners and the white Les Paul is tuned and ready for action."

I think you know the answer to that ;)