Manics

yehbutnobut

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the link! Time's getting on if they want to do it this year, so they need to pull their fingers out...

Also, would much rather they didn't do the "two halves" thing and just did a pure Holy Bible gig. They could chuck a couple of hits in the encore if they wanted.

Amazed they don't think there's the demand for it either! If Suede can do it with Dog Man Star - twice - then surely Manics can with what many older fans believe to be their finest work by miles.

My God, it would be GLORIOUS.

• 1 month later...

Email sent out today:

THE HOLY BIBLE

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Manics' mid 90s masterpiece, 'The Holy Bible'.

There's an in-depth cover feature on the album in this week's NME, out on Wednesday.

We'll be announcing some of the other very special ways in which we'll be marking the occasion in the coming weeks and months.

SQUEE! Gigs then? They'd better get their arses in gear as there's only a couple of months of the anniversary year left really.

Email sent out today:

THE HOLY BIBLE

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Manics' mid 90s masterpiece, 'The Holy Bible'.

There's an in-depth cover feature on the album in this week's NME, out on Wednesday.

We'll be announcing some of the other very special ways in which we'll be marking the occasion in the coming weeks and months.

I got the email too but didnt see anythingmentioned on FB yet. They say wayS (plural) so I wonder if there might be a couple of cool things they do. Anyhow, I hope I get to be part of it. I wonder if they email out the further announcements or do they mean it will be announced in NME?

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if they'll make a secret appearance here! http://velvetcoalmine.com/

"A Festival of Writing, Rock n Roll and Coal"

I might go along as not that far away and seems an interesting enough weekend

4th Sept 7pm Culture, Alienation, Boredom and Despair @ Blackwood Cinema

"A tribute to Blackwood’s finest band, Manic Street Preachers. BAFTA-winning Director Kieran Evans will be holding a Question & Answer session with Manics biographer and acclaimed music writer, Simon Price, followed by a screening of his documentary ‘Culture, Alienation, Boredom and Despair’."

6th Sept 11.30 20th Anniversary of The Holy Bible, a Manic Street Preachers Special @ Preachers Bar

"Manic Street Preachers special: ‘The 20th anniversary of The Holy Bible’ featuring Simon Price and Iain Richards."

6th Sept 12.45 A Manics Influnece On Women @ Preachers Bar

"Award-winning writer Rachel Trezise, Rhian E.Jones and others discuss the way the Manic Street Preachers influenced female writers, musicians and beyond."

Edited by Narnia