• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if they'll make a secret appearance here! http://velvetcoalmine.com/

"A Festival of Writing, Rock n Roll and Coal"

I might go along as not that far away and seems an interesting enough weekend

4th Sept 7pm Culture, Alienation, Boredom and Despair @ Blackwood Cinema

"A tribute to Blackwood’s finest band, Manic Street Preachers. BAFTA-winning Director Kieran Evans will be holding a Question & Answer session with Manics biographer and acclaimed music writer, Simon Price, followed by a screening of his documentary ‘Culture, Alienation, Boredom and Despair’."

6th Sept 11.30 20th Anniversary of The Holy Bible, a Manic Street Preachers Special @ Preachers Bar

"Manic Street Preachers special: ‘The 20th anniversary of The Holy Bible’ featuring Simon Price and Iain Richards."

6th Sept 12.45 A Manics Influnece On Women @ Preachers Bar

"Award-winning writer Rachel Trezise, Rhian E.Jones and others discuss the way the Manic Street Preachers influenced female writers, musicians and beyond."

I went to a reading and Q+A thing of Simon Price's about his Manics biography last year at FN6 and really enjoyed it. Really interesting insight into the band's formative years. Don't know why I haven't read the book yet though. :lol:

Not seen it either

This is a good one tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvXUxflzA9w documenting their interesting journey from growing up together with the miners strikes through to finding their feet post-Richey.

Cheers! Can't remember if I've seen it or not, will take a look :)

I've read Price's biog, it's not bad.

There was no time limit on there like the other 'in the audience' shows. I saw the applications closed too (looked for another friend to apply) so I rang tonight to ask if tickets have been issued now and he said not yet (he said systems have been overloaded with Strictly applications!). So no more applications are allowed as enough/too many applied already. It is first come first served and he said we should get email either way!

Edited by Narnia

p.s he said hopefully should know in a couple of days. I am not sure as this show appears to work different to others (where there is a cut off date and a random draw) but they might issue too many tickets than there are places (220) so it will again be first come first served at the door! Not so good for those travelling a long way!

Even more friggin unlucky, I don't even think my application went through properly (long story). Why does this always happen to me!! Maybe I should play the lottery, maybe I am destined to win something mega big after never winning anything at all :P lol

I think I better get these gig tickets at the end of the year or I will just be feeling I am jinxed :/

Edited by Narnia

Blackwoods Velvet Coalmine festival was great. Just went on Sat... first to Preachers bar which were playing manics albums all day :D and held talks. First talk/interview was with Simon Price followed by discussions on the manics influence on female writers/artists. Next up the 'literature stage' had readings from various writers/poets, kicked off by Patrick Jones. Bands were on in the evening at the Miners Institute. No secret appearances tho... locals had heard rumours and I have to say I thought there might be as I could have sworn I saw James nip out of Preachers bar just as people were arriving for the talks lol... but I think it might have been stepping on the toes of the other bands to have them appear at the end of the gig. Although it would have been absolutely great to see them there, this was a festival of welsh writers/musicians plural, rather than a manics festival! (although they are obv well celebrated by Blackwood having a bar dedicated to them, even had the backwards 'R' in the name and a lovely big photo of the trio on the wall hehe). Maybe next year they will do a set :)

Edited by Narnia

• 2 weeks later...

Presale Wed & Thurs, general sale on Fri?

Sean did say it would be on Vinyl so maybe that's what the announcement is hehe (Nicky did say something along the lines of it's not necessarily a tour when someone in the audience asked when it would be announced :P But later on twitter he said he had some cammo shoes and that it is maybe a sign LOL).

Just be glad to end all this speculation!!