The National

Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, RutgerGM said:

Has it ever happened at Glasto that the same artist makes a guest appearance at two simultaneous gigs?

Phoebe Bridgers could possibly pop up at SZA (Ghost in the machine) and The National (This Isn't helping, Laugh Track, Your mind is not your friend)

I can't answer the question re: guests playing 2 simultaneous sets... But I had the same thought, it would be pretty wild if Phoebe Bridgers guested for both. It is probably the easier 2 stages to make it happen as I think they share the backstage area.

On 6/10/2024 at 6:04 AM, Walter Sobchak said:

Wish they'd bring All the wine back

me too.  its one of my all time favorites.  

Lemonworld is my absolute favorite.  Only heard it once; I asked Matt to play it before the gig and they did. Totally cried.  

I would really love to hear Slipped and Friend of Mine.  those are my two white whales. Not realistic for glasto, but hoping to get Lemonworld again and Rylan

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RutgerGM said:

Has it ever happened at Glasto that the same artist makes a guest appearance at two simultaneous gigs?

Phoebe Bridgers could possibly pop up at SZA (Ghost in the machine) and The National (This Isn't helping, Laugh Track, Your mind is not your friend)

Would be a surprise. But would be cool tbf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m not a National fan. Really struggled today to get into anything music wise, felt like I’ve been in a crowd of 100k constantly all day, me and the missus got abit fed up and thought we’d call it a night, on the way back to bushy ground thought we’d walk past the other stage, The National boys literally stopped us in our tracks. Couldn’t take my eyes off em, last little bit of Glasto magic before we head home. I’m now a National Fan. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

That was just brilliant, not a huge crowd but clearly everyone into it. Probably the most I've ever seen them all enjoy a gig as well, some band

Loved it, shared a lovely moment with a random stranger at the end enthusiasing about exactly that.  Great way to close the festival.  Some great crowds to be amongst all weekend.

7 hours ago, Dark Star said:

The lads absolutely smashed that one. 
Would love to see them headline the Pyramid, but it's never gonna happen... is it?!

That would be horrible, probably end up with a SZA sized crowd. Let them be quality on the right sized stage for their following rather than force them into an uncomfortable position 

• Upvote 1

We were at the front and it was incredible. I think this was my 8th time of seeing the national and possibly my favourite. They were so intense. Can't wait to watch it again on iplayer. Didn't turn around so didn't get a sense of the crowd size but saw on the bbc that they said it was the biggest Sunday headliner crowd this year so I guess people were kinda spread over the site. 

Everyone around was singing along which was fab. Loved it. What a great way to finish the festival. They nailed it. 

On 4/7/2024 at 9:59 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Ooh this may work. Castlefield Bowl is a great venue too:

image.jpeg.fc567a6124843005207b152b95051c0a.jpeg

image.jpeg.05531e96e35ad9ba35873979864ec5cf.jpeg

Great place to see them I've seen them there before . Unfortunately can't get there Thursday but still some tickets on twickets for those looking .

Great set last night enjoy if ur seeing them around the country 

• Thanks 1