The National

Zoo Music Girl

Congrats! That was fast work :)

Not jealous at all...

I've just seen that QOTSA have been added. I'm not particularly a fan but that seems a strong line-up.

And Franz Ferdinand (you can't have everything). Shame you can't make it! Would be a pretty good consolation if we do end up missing out on Glastonbury resale.

You still going for the resale as well? I don't think I could handle two festivals that close together.

Yeah, I'll try.

In 2009 I went to far too many festivals in a short space of time. By the end, I had constant influenza, was desperately poor and sick of eating veggie burgers and service station pasties, and the novelty had totally worn off.

Think between the end of June and August we did: Wood Festival - Glastonbury - T in the Park - Truck - Boardmasters - Greenman.

Fine if you've got the money to do it in style, not so great if you're totally skint!

Yeah, I'll try.

In 2009 I went to far too many festivals in a short space of time. By the end, I had constant influenza, was desperately poor and sick of eating veggie burgers and service station pasties, and the novelty had totally worn off.

Think between the end of June and August we did: Wood Festival - Glastonbury - T in the Park - Truck - Boardmasters - Greenman.

Fine if you've got the money to do it in style, not so great if you're totally skint!

Massive respect to you! I just don't have the constitution sadly :(

If I don't get into Glasto (which I will!) I think I might give Latitude a go. Not sure of the dates though - even that might be too close. I'm so rock and roll.

Edit: Of course it won't matter if they're close together if I'm not going to Glasto. I'm tired.

Edited by RebeccaD

Massive respect to you! I just don't have the constitution sadly :(

If I don't get into Glasto (which I will!) I think I might give Latitude a go. Not sure of the dates though - even that might be too close. I'm so rock and roll.

Edit: Of course it won't matter if they're close together if I'm not going to Glasto. I'm tired.

Ha ha, I did have to read that twice, and still didn't quite understand why the two being close together would matter!

I don't have the constitution either, anymore. I felt as if I was going to die at Greenman in 2009. It was about 20 degrees outside my tent and I don't think I've ever felt colder, while my lungs were on fire and I could barely crawl out of my sleeping bag. Bad scenes!

Age is a terrible thing. And I'm only 31! :(

All downhill from here then...

You young pup! I'm 33!

I had a dream about The National last night, that I think you or someone representing you, appeared in! I managed to get to the front at one of their gigs, and there were loads of members of the hardcore 'fan club' there. I think you were one of the uber-geeks, ha ha! Then it turned into a muddy field, that I had to wade through to get to the front, and when I did, The Libertines came on.

I think I need more sleep!

You young pup! I'm 33!

I had a dream about The National last night, that I think you or someone representing you, appeared in! I managed to get to the front at one of their gigs, and there were loads of members of the hardcore 'fan club' there. I think you were one of the uber-geeks, ha ha! Then it turned into a muddy field, that I had to wade through to get to the front, and when I did, The Libertines came on.

I think I need more sleep!

Did I look like Kylie? ;)

The Libertines instead of The National is a terrible disappointment. But I would take that dream as definite confirmation that you should go to Northside - and it looks like you did.

For the record I am not in the fan club either! Is there some kind of weird initiation ceremony?

Did I look like Kylie? ;)

The Libertines instead of The National is a terrible disappointment. But I would take that dream as definite confirmation that you should go to Northside - and it looks like you did.

For the record I am not in the fan club either! Is there some kind of weird initiation ceremony?

Ha ha you weren't a specific person, I think you were just represented. I'm sure you actually do look like Kylie, though.

I don't know if there is a fan club... maybe we should start one!

Age is a terrible thing. And I'm only 31! :(

All downhill from here then...

You and Dog Burger subscribe mistakenly to the 30s watershed. Many of us who no longer remember that time are still behaving disgracefully and having a great time. No, I don't do skinny jeans or Harry Styles hair dos, and my wife is only 2 years younger ;-) so, crack on!

You and Dog Burger subscribe mistakenly to the 30s watershed. Many of us who no longer remember that time are still behaving disgracefully and having a great time. No, I don't do skinny jeans or Harry Styles hair dos, and my wife is only 2 years younger ;-) so, crack on!

You misunderstand me carlosj. It's not that I think I should modify my behaviour now I'm in my 30s. It's just that my body won't let me party as hard as it once did. But I'll give it a good go like.

You misunderstand me carlosj. It's not that I think I should modify my behaviour now I'm in my 30s. It's just that my body won't let me party as hard as it once did. But I'll give it a good go like.

Fair do, not knocking you both :-) for various reasons I didn't party hard for a good while until more recently. Maybe optimism and caffeine is keeping me going?

I remember the line-up for Latitude being ace last year too. Plus it's much less of a trek for me and I know my ticketless mate is keen. I guess we'll see.

Always just worried it won't compare to Glasto though. Went to Electric Picnic in the fallow year and just couldn't get into it despite great line-up. That's the only big festival I've tried since Glastonbury.

I remember the line-up for Latitude being ace last year too. Plus it's much less of a trek for me and I know my ticketless mate is keen. I guess we'll see.

Always just worried it won't compare to Glasto though. Went to Electric Picnic in the fallow year and just couldn't get into it despite great line-up. That's the only big festival I've tried since Glastonbury.

I think it's worth accepting that there are no big festivals in this country that can compare to Glastonbury and approaching it with a different mindset Rebecca.

In Glastonbury's year off in 2012, I went to Bestival and put no pressure on it. I had a thoroughly good time. It's a beautiful site, with some good stages and tents, and had a half-decent line-up the time I went. The late-night stuff is pretty esoteric and good. The crowd is really young, though, but the fancy dress theme made for a really good atmosphere when I went. I've been to some of the other biggies - T in the Park once, and Reading loads of times, and to me they're just 'big gigs in car parks'. Watching eight bands, then being kicked out of an arena and charged £10 for a go on a waltzer isn't a festival to me.

Never been to Lattitude. The line-up always looks great, although I get the feeling there's a bit of a middle-class vibe to it. I think Bestival and Latitude would both represent good Glastonbury alternatives, but with very different demographics. Greenman is also worth a notable mention, too. Much, much smaller, but a truly beautiful site and good spread of stuff to do. And I gather they've approached The National for this year, too. :)

I've been to latitude. Just for the sunday (the year nick cave headlined, maybe 2009?) and camped just that one night.

It's a nice place to see bands, but there is no craziness. It's the sort of place where people will tut at you if you get roaring drunk.

End of the road and bearded theory are my glastonbury alternatives.

Or hang your balls out there and go to Sziget in hungary. It's well ace

I've been to latitude. Just for the sunday (the year nick cave headlined, maybe 2009?) and camped just that one night.

It's a nice place to see bands, but there is no craziness. It's the sort of place where people will tut at you if you get roaring drunk.

End of the road and bearded theory are my glastonbury alternatives.

Or hang your balls out there and go to Sziget in hungary. It's well ace

End of the Road and Sziget are both on my list. Next summer, I reckon, having committed to Northside now.

I can't quite stretch to the plane fare as well as the festival ticket, sadly.

Yeah, I know nothing will compare to Glastonbury. Electric Picnic mainly disappointed me because they didn't serve cider ANYWHERE on site. Sounds like a small thing but I can't drink beer so it basically ruined my festival. Patti Smith made up for it though.

I did Reading for four years before graduating to Glastonbury. I agree with the car park thing. I'd only go for the day if someone I loved was playing that I couldn't see anywhere else.