The National

Zoo Music Girl

Glad you liked them all :)

I know exactly what you mean about Lean, it's stirring, and sad and beautiful, but yeah, it does dissolve from the memory. Trouble Will Find me is a real grower - it gets its hooks into you and before you know it you are listening to it, literally, every day like an addict. Maybe that's just me...

Yeah, I realised it was you, Kylie - what's the new name a reference to?

And, oh, you're a fellow veggie, too. This gets worse... please tell me you're actually a burly man, named Brian, with hairy shoulders.

After saying that last night, I then woke up with Lean in my head, so maybe it has its hooks into me already :) I like albums that are growers generally. The ones that hit you instantly can often fade down the line.

Zoo Music Girl is a Birthday Party song - go look it up, it's awesome.

(And yes I am a man called Brian. Sorry.)

I'm guessing it will be tiered like the Stones show was? In which case I'm out. Not paying £60 to watch The National from the back of the park.

Maybe they'll do a warm-up gig somewhere though. Fingers crossed.

do you mean there will be raised seating areas at the sides? but all standing in the middle? If so, thats fine.

Or do you mean to stand at the front will cost £200 and to stand at the back is £60? Surely not??

do you mean there will be raised seating areas at the sides? but all standing in the middle? If so, thats fine.

Or do you mean to stand at the front will cost £200 and to stand at the back is £60? Surely not??

Well obviously I don't know. The Stones had tiered standing though so you paid like £400 to be in the front enclosure, £200 for the second and £100 for the back. Plus there was raised seating at the sides and a whole raft of VIP options.

On the BST site it has about 6 options ranging from "premium view" to "covered standing", whatever that means.

Well obviously I don't know. The Stones had tiered standing though so you paid like £400 to be in the front enclosure, £200 for the second and £100 for the back. Plus there was raised seating at the sides and a whole raft of VIP options.

On the BST site it has about 6 options ranging from "premium view" to "covered standing", whatever that means.

ha fuck that then. It will be the same format as the stones I'd have thought.

The sound is bound to be shit too

Yeah - at the Stones last year only one side of the stage was a VIP arena.

The other half was a free-for-all, though obviously people were queuing up from the crack of dawn to get a decent spot. Standing out all day in the sun was a bit of a mare, if I'm honest...

My mistake - I'd thought the whole of the front was VIP. I was on the disabled viewing platform anyway so didn't have to queue but can bet it was a nightmare in that heat.

This VIP nonsense is starting to piss me off a bit, so much of it around. I don't think pricing should limit where you are able to stand anyway.

I agree, it is a load of bollocks.

After my initial excitement this morning, I am now wondering if The National playing this gig actually makes them *less* likely for Glastonbury. I'm guessing this gig would pay more and perhaps even offer a higher billing. They don't seem especially fussed by Glastonbury given that I would have expected them there last year.

I agree, it is a load of bollocks.

After my initial excitement this morning, I am now wondering if The National playing this gig actually makes them *less* likely for Glastonbury. I'm guessing this gig would pay more and perhaps even offer a higher billing. They don't seem especially fussed by Glastonbury given that I would have expected them there last year.

I've gone through a fairly similar range of emotions to you today.

When I read about this, this morning, I was immediately excited and keen to go. Now, having thought about it - at that price, and for an outdoor support slot, I'm less sure. Particularly as I'm already going to Denmark. Doing this would rule out Glastonbury, financially. And I won't know if they're playing Glastonbury for a few months yet, so I think I'll probably hedge my bets and wait.

I initially thought, like you, that if they were going to do Glastonbury then last year was the year - I was really shocked and disappointed they didn't. But having thought about it, I think maybe they wanted Trouble Will Find Me to build and grow organically, to become really expert at playing it, and that this summer we'll see them do some really high-profile gigs. The headline slot for Northside and this show with Neil Young certainly suggest that, off the back of the Ally Pally shows and the tour with Foo Fighters. I think 2014 is the year that they become, relatively speaking, 'massive'.

I hope you're right! If I was a Neil Young fan I reckon I'd be all over it but he remains on my 'To explore' list and it is bloody expensive. Also the fact it won't be an audience of their fans but people waiting for him puts me off too. I want them to do another gig! Really hoping they will.

Didn't even know they toured with Foo Fighters. That seems an odd combination.

Northside is a way better option in my opinion. There's three bands I'd want to see for a start and probably way better value for money.

I hope you're right! If I was a Neil Young fan I reckon I'd be all over it but he remains on my 'To explore' list and it is bloody expensive. Also the fact it won't be an audience of their fans but people waiting for him puts me off too. I want them to do another gig! Really hoping they will.

Didn't even know they toured with Foo Fighters. That seems an odd combination.

Northside is a way better option in my opinion. There's three bands I'd want to see for a start and probably way better value for money.

Yeah it's Northside plus one other for me. Hopefully that one other will be Glastonbury

The Foo Fighters tour is just Mexico and South America and is going on now, then they have a few more dates in America. I think it's another sign of their increasing 'mainstream' appeal building.

After that, they go to Australia and Asia in February, and then there's a gap at the moment until Northside and Hyde Park. It's ripe for a fair few more European and British festival shows in the spring I reckon.

Yeah it's Northside plus one other for me. Hopefully that one other will be Glastonbury

The Foo Fighters tour is just Mexico and South America and is going on now, then they have a few more dates in America. I think it's another sign of their increasing 'mainstream' appeal building.

After that, they go to Australia and Asia in February, and then there's a gap at the moment until Northside and Hyde Park. It's ripe for a fair few more European and British festival shows in the spring I reckon.

Your knowledge of their movements is very impressive. Definitely living up to your title of #1 Fan :)