The National

Zoo Music Girl

It's being marketed as a festival rather than a Neil young and guests show. 4 different stages, could be a grin

I'm not convinced by the attempt to market it as a festival, to be honest.

It's a big gig in a field with a curfew of 10.30pm.

And reading this didn't make it sound too much like any sort of festival I'd like to go to:

"At Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park 2013 you had the opportunity to stop by for a quick bite at our farmers market, enjoy a sumptuous meal at our flagship pop up restaurant Bocca di Lupo, or improve your own cooking skills and attend a live cooking demonstration led by one of the UK’s leading chefs at the M&S Summertime Kitchen.

There was truly something for everyone…

We scoured London’s best food markets to bring you a range of delicious freshly made dishes from renowned event food traders from Paellaria, Italian Street food from Cooking Cooks, Empanadas from Borough market’s famous Portena and much more.

A chosen hideaway for stars of stage and screen, celebrity chefs, real chefs and even the Prime Minister, Bocca di Lupo served as our flagship pop-up restaurant. 
Chef Jacob Kennedy’s stripped-down, honest regional Italian cuisine will take centre stage, with highlights of Bocca di Lupo’s acclaimed menu and wine list."

I'm not convinced by the attempt to market it as a festival, to be honest.

It's a big gig in a field with a curfew of 10.30pm.

And reading this didn't make it sound too much like any sort of festival I'd like to go to:

"At Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park 2013 you had the opportunity to stop by for a quick bite at our farmers market, enjoy a sumptuous meal at our flagship pop up restaurant Bocca di Lupo, or improve your own cooking skills and attend a live cooking demonstration led by one of the UKs leading chefs at the M&S Summertime Kitchen.

There was truly something for everyone

We scoured Londons best food markets to bring you a range of delicious freshly made dishes from renowned event food traders from Paellaria, Italian Street food from Cooking Cooks, Empanadas from Borough markets famous Portena and much more.

A chosen hideaway for stars of stage and screen, celebrity chefs, real chefs and even the Prime Minister, Bocca di Lupo served as our flagship pop-up restaurant. 
Chef Jacob Kennedys stripped-down, honest regional Italian cuisine will take centre stage, with highlights of Bocca di Lupos acclaimed menu and wine list."

Hmmmm, reading this is actually putting me off. Do you think anyone will mind if I just turn up, get utterly fuckfaced, and talk to well-to-do folk about their log burners. I don't think an In-depth discussion on the ditch trilogy will be required

What are your favourite lines from Trouble Will Find Me?

I'd have to go with almost all of Demons, particularly "Every day I start so great, and then the sunlight dims"

"Jennifer, you are not the only reason, my head is boiling and my hands are freezing; Jennifer, you are not the only one to sit awake until the wild feelings leave you" (Fireproof)

"I'm having trouble inside my skin, I'm trying to keep my skeletons in, I'll be a freind and a fuck-up and everything; but I'll never be anything you ever want me to be: (Slipped)

"I have only two emotions: careful fear and dead devotion. I can't get the balance right, throw my marbles in the fire" (Don't Swallow The Cap)

and

"All of my thoughts of you, bullets through rotten fruit; come apart at the seams, now I know what dying means; I am not my rosey self, left my roses on my shelf - take the white ones, they're my favourites, it's the side-effects that save us... Grace" (Graceless)

oh, and

"Jenny I am in trouble, can't get these thoughts out of me; Jenny I'm seeing double, I know this changes everything" (This Is The Last Time)

Edited by Dog Burger
  • Upvote 1

Well, you know the album much better than I do (or anyone, by the sounds of things), but I'd go for:

'Remember when you lost your shit and
Drove the car into the garden
And you got out and said I’m sorry
To the vines and no one saw it'

and

'I can’t get my head around it
I keep feeling smaller and smaller'

from I Need My Girl

'I can't fight it anymore
I'm going through an awkward phase
I am secretly in love with
Everyone that I grew up with'

from Demons

All of Sea of Love really but I really like this bit:

'I see you rushing now
Tell me how to reach you'

And of course this bit:

'If I stay here trouble will find me
If I stay here I'll never leave
If I stay here trouble will find me
I believe'

Loads more though. Such a good album. A rich source of lyrical loveliness!

You lot should get onto this website, I'm listening to the national lollapalooza bootleg now. Quality is spot on.

Also downloaded blur at glastonbury 1994, pulp at reading 1997, a bowie 1990 gig, a few radiohead sets, mazzy star and more.....all sensational quality.

GET ON IT.

http://livebootlegconcert.blogspot.pt/search/label/The%20National

That website is actually better than sex.

Edited by russycarps

Ooh that's tempting... Need to get on your bootleg bandwagon! I always feel a bit sad when listening to live recordings though. If I wasn't there, I get jealous and if I was I feel sad it's over. Watched the Cave BBC footage but think the bootleg would make me sad now the tour is done :(

Christ, could I be any more emo?

If the quality is perfect, I reckon bootlegs are just as enjoyable as a studio album.

I've never heard anything so absurd as your reasoning not to listen to a bootleg btw. In fact, I believe the absolute opposite. If I was there, it brings back wonderful memories which are generally clouded by alcohol. If I wasnt, then I get to hear what I missed.

In conclusion: you're crackers.