Earth Wind and Fire

Guest ghandi

I watched Earth wind and fire on Sky arts last night. First an interview with some on the remaining members and then after a gig back from the 80's. Whilst i know they wouldn't be able to repeat the energy from way back then, and i doubt Phil Bailey could hold those notes for as long or as high :), i would die a happy man if they were to perform next year. They've got new material out and have been touring so its a possibility. Does anyone know if Maurice still tours with them, in the interview they said he was not well, and on Jools recently he was not there either. I am not sure when the interview was aired and it may have been an old one. Though Philip Bailey was the voice, Maurice White was the presence, the rock, and he had a great voice too. I loved them back them, a childhood fave.

I would also love to see them at Glastonbury. They are my all time favorite band and have never been able to see them live. Could not go to the Albert Hall on their last tour.

Maurice was diagnosed with Parkinson's in the late 80s so stopped touring then.

If we had them on the Saturday night and George Benson Sunday, as he is in London during the week before, it would be the best ever festival for me .

Yeh, i just read that about Maurice, sad, apperently , although how recent i'm not sure, he has made an appearence, though if they performed i doubt he'd make the trip over, we could only hope.

George Benson, wow really, that is interesting, i wonder if he'd be up for a West holts headline slot. Great guitarist and singer back in the day. I went to wembley arena back in the 80's to see him.

E,W & F were the fist band I saw with my wife.. our first date. They were only first because they were supporting Santana.

Mad stuff... drum solo with the drummer's 'stage' rising in the air, then turning 360 degrees with the drummer still playing, upside down, strapped in...

• 1 month later...